Chapter 2

~~ Laxus' POV ~~

As soon as the girl was laied on the infirmary bed, I left. I couldn't trust myself to be in the same room as her. At least not when she's bleeding. And I was going to have to change my clothes. Walking around with blood soaked clothes in a guild full of vampires, is just about the dumbest idea, next to barging in and you're the one that's bleeding. But at least I can still wear my coat.

~~ Your POV about 5 hours after passing out ~~

I woke up with a head ache, a throbbing wrist, and an aching arm. My back also felt like it was stinging.

"Jeez. Is there any pain killers?" I said more to myself.

"Would you like some?" A voice said and I jumped, not expecting to get an awnser.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." The voice belonged to a bluenett with ponytails on each side of her head. She came over to the side of the bed and helped me sit up.

"Its okay, I just didn't know there was someone else here. so... Um... Where exactly am I?" I asked.

"Your in the middle of magnolia woods, in a special guild." She replied, heading twords a cabinet and grabbing a medication bottle.

"What do you mean special?" I asked and she handed me a pill and a cup of water, which I couldn't grab.

"Well, its a guild for vampires." She smiled as my jaw dropped.

"You mean... Like the beings with fangs that drinks human blood?"

"Fangs yes. Human blood, mostly no." I heard another voice at the door way.

"Freed-san. What can I help you with?" The bluenett asked.

"I just wanted to see why Laxus is acting strange over this girl." He glared at me.

"How would I know? As far as I'm concerned, most of you see me as food." I turned my head away from him.

"Ah. I see your awake." This time a short, elderly man spoke.

"Honestly, for all I know, I could be dead." I just retorted back.

"Looks like little fawn has quite the attitude." A particular blond walked by the door.

"Could you mabey stop calling my little fawn." I ment to ask it, but it sounded more like a demand.

"Let me think about it. How about..... No." He just chuckled as I gave him the evil eye.

"Nice try kid, but it doesn't work." He sneered and I grabbed my pillow with my sprained hand, and threw it at him. I winced in pain when I threw it, and he just dodged it like it was just a nuisance.

"I really hate you right about now." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're not exactly at the top of my favorite people list either." He crossed his arms over his chest, and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Well I'm sorry you two don't really like each other, but Laxus is going to be helping you out for a while." The short, old man said.

"Why do you make it sound like I'm staying here?" I asked.

"Because, you are. I can't have you leave here with knowing about our existence. So you'll stay here, and once your healed up, we'll erase your memories, and turn you into the police department." He said in a-matter-of-fact way.

"Well I see that point now. But why is Laxus the one who will be helping me out?"

"Because he doesn't thirst for blood, unlike some of the others. And because some of the others can be unpredictable, Laxus easily can snap them back to their senses." The old man replied, and I rolled my eyes. 'If I can't convince him to change his mind, I will find a way to get my protest through his head.'

"Ha! Good luck with that. That old man's just as stubborn as a thousand mules." Laxus smirked and walked off, while the old man yelled at him.

"Did he just.... Read my thoughts, or do I say something out loud?" I was thoroughly confused.

"Yes, he read your mind." The old man said, regaining his composure. He then explained to me about the whole 'vampires and telepathy' thing. I was going to have to closely guard my thoughts now. Could this day get any worse?