twenty-one

“So have you decided what song you will sing at the music fest?”

It was Ryujin, she was one of the organizer of the music festival.

“Uhm, I have a song in mind but I am still not sure if I should give it a try” Yoshi shyly replied as he scratched his nape.

“Oh, no pressure. You can still think of your desired song. But if ever you have decided, you can tell the band so you can have it a try” Ryujin cheered him.

“I am really sorry for causing delays to the rehearsal, Jin”

“Hey, don't mind it. What's our top priority is your comfort while performing” Ryujin said as she tapped the producer's shoulder.

“Anyways, let me check on Hyunsuk first. Feel free to tell the band your song choice”

Yoshi was still debating with his mind but otherwise, he approached the keyboardist to ask him for guidance.

“Hi, I'm Yoshinori” he introduced himself first then offered his hand for a shake.

“Oh, I have heard a lot about you. I'm Jungsu, nice to meet you!” Jungsu enthusiastically said with a bright smile. (that's right, that one pretty guy on xdinary heroes, villains riiiise!!!)

“Anyways, are you ready to tell us your song choice?”

“It was still not final but can I try singing it first?” Yoshi requested.

“Sure sure! Just tell us what song is it” Jungsu gladly accepted the request.

“It is entitled, 'Something between us' by George” (you can play the video above or on spotify as you read this chapter to feel the moment🤌)

“Oh okaaay, I know that song. Let me just talk to the other band members. We got you”

“Thank you so much”

“No worries, you can stand on the mic. We will let you know if everything is settled” Yoshi then smiled at him before he walked back towards the middle of the stage where a microphone was already set.

Yoshi kept in heaving a deep sigh to ready himself to sing. Preventing all those emotions he was currently feeling, he was trying to surpass them all with a sigh.

“Yoshi, we will start now” Jungsu yelled to let the japanese know.

A few minutes after, he heard the hitting of drumsticks, signalling that the intro of the song will be playing.

For some reasons, Yoshi could feel the heavy feeling as he was hearing the introduction of the song. He doesn't know if it was because he is sad or maybe the song sounded to sorrowful.

“Yonggi naeeoboryeo noryeokaenneundae” (I've been trying to be brave, but)

He started the song, though he was a bit unstable on the first part, but gladly he eventually got used to the song.

“Wae ne apeseoneun da eosaekhaejigo” (Why everything get awkward in front of you?)

“Kkwae jayeonseureopdeon nae insamajeodo” (Even my pretty natural greetings)

“Maeumdaero doejiga anha” (Doesn't go as I wish)

The japanese was rehearsing his soon to be song to the music fest when Hyunsuk entered the room and smiled as soon as he saw his friend singing again.

“Geujeo useojuneun neol barabomyeon” (When I look at you smiling)

“Amu iyu eopsi haengbokhaejyeo” (I become happy for no reason)

“Neul seotulleosseossdeon nae mosnan pyohyeonedo” (I've always been bad at expressing myself)

“Ttatteushage anajueosseo” (You gave me a warm hug)

Hyunsuk on the other hand was watching his friend sing. As I mentioned before, he was beside Yoshi for almost 7 years now.

And so he knows when he feels something that he was not telling him.

So this time, he can see it while he sings. The sorrow in his eyes, the pain in his voice. It looks like he was dedicating this song to someone.

“Neol johahanda malhago jibe doraganeun gire” (I'll tell you I like you on my way home)

“Neoui eolguri jakku tteoolla nado mollae seolleyeosseo” (I can't stop thinking about your face, I was secretly fluttering too)

“Nuguboda neol wihae manhi noryeokhago isseo” (I'm trying harder for you than anyone else)

“Dwidorabomyeon eonjena geuraessdeut seoissuel geoya” (If you look back, I'll be standing there like always)

Hyunsuk was really worried for him, though he doesn't want to meddle with his own life, he was just always ready to give him advices that needed.

The second verse was coming and his voice was already in the verge of crying. And so his older friend was ready just incase he couldn't handle.

“Uri jamsirado majuchil ttaemyeon” (When we run into each other for a moment)

“Gwaenhi neoui nuneul pihage dwae” (I'm avoiding your eyes for no reason)

“Jal..”

Just as the japanese was about to sing the next part, he could already feel his tears rushed down on his cheeks. He couldn't bear anyone to see him like that and so he had no other choice but to run.

“Kanemoto!” Hyunsuk called for him but he just kept on running away from them.

As he got out of the room, his heart almost drop at the sight of Jeongwoo and Junghwan outside the room where he was rehearsing.

“Mandu hyung..” he grimaced as he felt a pinch on his chest.

“P-please don't follow me. Please..” the only thing he could say as he continued running away.

He pushed the button of the elevator, thankfully that no one else was there. He ran as fast as he could when he reached outside the building.

He doesn't know where he was but kept on running.

No one should see him in this state.

When his feet feels sore, he decided to sit in the nearest bench he can see. Still crying his heart out, he took of his shoes and wiped his tears using his arm.

“Kanemoto..” He immediately looked back and saw Hyunsuk was panting and standing behind him.

At the sight of Hyunsuk, he couldn't help but to burst out his tears again.

“Suk..” that was the only thing he could say.

Hyunsuk rushed beside him and hugged him tightly, comforting him with his warmth.

“Cry all you want, nori” Hyunsuk said, not asking him with what happen.

He let the younger cry and cry until he was ready to tell him what's bothering him.

to be continued...