Chapter 4 - Season 4

I was sat at the bar in the Mystic Grill this morning. Jeremy had called and asked if I would come over to talk. He's freaked out because he has holes in his memory, so he knows he's been compelled, and since Klaus is away in Italy I decided Jeremy needed to know what has been going on. No one deserved to have their mind messed with like that and I am completely furious with Klaus for doing it. I haven't really spoken to him, and Elijah has been mediating because whenever he tried to talk to me I just tossed him away with my magic.

"So you're telling me that I was at Klaus's mansion yesterday?" Jeremy moved around the restaurant and collected some dishes.

"Yeah. He compelled you to forget, I am so angry at him. I tried to hard to get you out Jer" Jeremy sighed and placed the tub full of dishes on the bar before pulling me into a hug.

"I know, thanks Jamie. At least I have someone watching out for me. Jenna cant do much given that she's human and has been compelled out of town and still hasn't got over Ric's death and Elena hasn't really thought about anyone but herself. Look let me put these dishes in the back and then I'll get you a drink so you can tell me everything" I nodded at him so taking that as his cue he shuffled off, grabbing the tub of dishes on his way past. It was quiet for a while until Matt walked in and looked at me confused.

"Jamie? How come you're here?" I waved at Matt before getting up from my seat at the bar.

"Jeremy invited me here. He wanted to talk to me about something" I looked around and noticed that it was a little too quiet for my liking.

"Well he needs to hurry up cause we gotta open" I smiled at Matt before I started helping him get everything ready. As we are pulling chairs off the table April Young comes in and starts asking Matt about Rebekah, I tensed before quickly continuing with pulling chairs off tables. They didn't need to know that Rebekah was daggered because of Klaus's paranoia. Just then the door that Jeremy went through opens, I turn around and come face to face with Jeremy being held hostage by Connor.

"Trust me, that's the least of your problems" Connors comment was directed towards April.

"You don't want to do this Connor" the hunter snapped his head in my direction and glared over at me.

"Oh I do, and trust me witch, if you get in my way, I'll kill him" I glanced over at Jeremy, who gave a slight head nod. Once Connor's back was turned to me I uttered a quick protection spell on the humans in the building. "Get over here Jamie, I want you where I can see you" I stayed stood in my spot, there was no way I was going to give him the advantage.

"I'll stay right here; I can keep any eye on you and the teenagers then. Remember what I said Connor, do not mistake my kindness for weakness, you hurt anyone of these kids, and I will become the creature that nightmares are made of" Connor glared at me, slight fear flashing in his eyes for a second before he turned back to the three teens. Obviously not wanting to pick a fight with me because he knows that he wouldn't win, he started trying to bully the teenagers.

"Sit down. Sit down!" Connor shouted at the three, Jeremy and Matt looked over at me as I nodded, silently telling them to do as he says and keep the attention off me whilst I figure a way out for all of us. I stayed still but let my eyes wander around the room trying to figure out an escape. Whilst his back was turned I quickly text Elijah, Klaus and Damon to let them know the situation I had currently found myself in. "Gilbert give me your cell phone" Jeremy looked helpless, and I couldn't blame him.

"At least let April go. She has nothing to do with this" Jeremy passed Connor his cell phone.

"She has everything to so with this. Her and her father, plus she and I have history" I scoffed a little at Connor.