Aravi Wins The Award.

Episode 09

RAI'S POV

Since it was the most important event I was going to attend, I didn't knew that it would become one of the climax chapter of my life.

"Arey Yaar.. jaldi kar.. nahi toh teri jeeti Hui award koi aur le jayega.." Ahana yells putting on her regular makeup on her face.

We are best friends and we are the most beautiful girls who can walk outside without makeup. Ahana is all bold and black but I m her just opposite. As she wore black leather pants paired up with her new black leather jacket, I wore the beautiful designer saree , with white heels.

Initially I was making my hair when Ahana recommended me to let my hair open.

After we were ready for the event, we seated on her car. As I told, Ahana is very fond of cars and bikes. Though we are both middle class, we can also own stuffs like this.

Though the bike she bought from her own savings. It was so funny as she used to lock up her in her room because if she comes outside, she will definitely come and spent her money on the food we eat in the streets.

"Miss Aravi, if you are finished travelling in your fantasy world can you please return to the real world?" She snapped me making me conscious about the environment as I was thinking all these shits, I realised it was more than five minutes she was calling my name to go outside the car as we reached there already.

"Ahana.. please.. I'm nervous! Can you make my hands warm?"

" Huh! Aravi.. Aravi.. Aravi.. my dear Aravi.. Look you are going to achieve something.. I know its really making you nervous but it's okay.. calm down.." She rubbed my back and grabbed my waist.

Probably I guess she is the only reason I am still single. And guess what she tells me that why I need a man to look after me when I have Ahana.

Yes it's true.. after mumma - papa she is the only one who takes care of me. And that's why she is the one and only friend of me I ever made.

Though she said, it's my first time to achieve the award but I was nervous as I already felt that something would happen that would completely change the plot of my life.

We showed our premium cards to the security guards and as we walked in, we were asked to walk on the red carpet where all the celebrities, businessmen were posing and giving interviews.

I was totally nervous and on the other hand, Ahana met with few of her ex clients and colleagues. I was so shocked that she literally left me out of excitement. And here I who was struggling to walk ahead with these heels.

"Phew!" I huffed as I finally reached at my seat. I was waiting for the program to start and as well as for Ahana too.

Well Ahana didn't returned but the show already started.

Ladies and Gentlemen!
Welcome to the 'Night of Fiction'
Today on this evening, we would address, promote, give awards to the most beautiful people and their stories which got stuck in the heart of the Nation's readers and viewers.

There are many shows and stories which got nominated today and I hope the best one wins.

All started to clap and hoot showing their excitement.

Ladies and Gentlemen..
Before starting the award giving session,
I would like to call the event 's sponser
Mr Tarun Khanna CEO of Khanna Magazines
Miss Rajshri Dutta Chairperson of this Event and The CEO of Shrii Films.
And at last we have the most young one CEO of Mathur Production House
Mr Rayan Mathur!

"Mr Rayan Marthur!" As soon as I finished taking his name, my heartbeat increased.

I totally unheard all those claps and whistles that made the environment go crazy.

Fear engulfed me as I recalled the day I rejected his offer to write for his company.

He is the sponser but he can do anything.

He can intentionally make me loose the title

Why only Him?

Why is it always him bothering my heart?

Why is it always him hurting me everytime?

All these thoughts started to poke me when I jerked off as I felt someone's warm hand on my shoulder.

It was Ahana!

"Kaha gayi thi tu? Chal I know I will not win this.. Let's go! Please.." I grabbed her hand and without letting her speak I was taking her out when we stopped and looked at the stage.

My heart started to beat faster. The voice which stopped me was of Mr Rayan Mathur as he was welcomed to give the award I was nominated.

" So.. I don't know who is the winner but is the most deserving one. So without any delay, I would like to announce the winner for the Best Author of the Country in the Year is
MISS ARAVI ROY!

He announced so excitedly. Within ten minutes, I was taken to the stage.

And as we turned to each other my hair started to fly because of the fan attached down at the stage. All the lights turned off except the Spotlight above me and the one whose stares was making me restless. It was obviously Mr Rayan Mathur. He didn't expected me to win this award right?

I took a deep breath and looked at the audience who was clapping at me. Not gonna lie I felt very jealous when the most of the audience specially the girls were hooting his name instead of me..

"Aravi?" I looked at my side when Mr Rayan walked towards me without blinking his eyes.

Is he okay?

"Are you okay?" I whispered as I bowed down to thank him while taking the trophy.

"I don't think so!" He replied without blinking. He was continuously gazing at me making me nervous and awkward at the same.

Soon I climbed down the stage and walked towards the washroom to check if there is anything improper.

.To Be Continued.
Thanks for Reading.