Chapter 1: 1st Day of High School!

Drifting.

Y/N was drifting in the darkness until a sharp noise pierced through the still air and woke her up...

Can't I sleep just a while longer?

She checked the time with her phone. 5:30 am April 2nd, Monday

Oh shit it's the first day of high school...

She stumbled groggily out of bed and into the bathroom adjacent to her room to do her daily routine and skincare before putting on a thin layer of makeup to accentuate her already exquisitely delicate and fine, beautiful features. Afterwards, she changed into her new uniform, which consisted of a white shirt, a black gakuran jacket with a pin with "Tomioka Y/N on it, a black pleated skirt that fell three inches above her knee and black thigh high socks with three white stripes at the top (basically Kanao's Demon Slayer uniform but it's black and there are socks)

She then stomped noisily to the kitchen to make herself and Giyu F/B and their lunch bentos. After shoving the meal into her mouth, she cleaned up in lightning speed and was about to pick up her bag and zoom out of the front door when she got a text.

She opened the text

Mui-kun🩵

M.
Heyyy
Can I pick you up for school today
I'm at our Sakura tree outside your house rn
Come here and let me walk you to school <3

Y.
Lol if you insist
I can't really refuse
Mataatode bestieee

M.
Mataatode🩵

Switching off her phone, you smiled to herself and stepped out of the house into a swirling mist of falling Sakura blossoms. She caught sight of a familiar boy with long black hair fading to turquoise ends and playfully glinting eyes of the same colour who was waving at her. Muichiro.

Where's Yuichiro?

She ran to him and in a split second he tackled her to the trunk of the tree.

"Long time no see, N/N-chan." He smirked. "Why do you always do that when we meet? Not gonna lie, it's kinda inconvenient to be slammed to a wall or a tree or whatever when you're trying to talk, y'know." You retorted. The boy, who was a head taller than her even with her high platform loafers on, grinned down at the petite girl while leaning lazily on the tree, saying, "Ooh, someone woke up on the wrong side of bed. Can't I just give my girl bestie a proper greeting after not meeting her for so long? Let's go, unless you want to be late for your first day of High School." Tugging the back of her jacket while simultaneously ripping the oxygen from her lungs, he strode towards the direction of their new school.

"Ara! You baka! Let me go, or else!" "Or else what?" "I'll tell my brother to give you detention! You don't want detention on the first day of school, do you?" "Finneeee" drawled the boy, letting go of the girl who was squirming in his arms.

They then walked peacefully to school, enjoying the gentle caress of the soft breeze and the delicate beauty of the slowly descending petals of Sakura blossoms which performed grand jetés and pirouettes like ballerinas in pale pink tutus in the fragrance of the spring air elegantly before landing gracefully on the otherwise spotless pavement like the winter's first snow. Y/N was staring at the beautiful scenery, enjoying the tranquility and peacefulness of the falling petals, which she learnt symbolised sacrifice, youthfulness, fragility and grace.

Muichiro suddenly popped her bubble and broke the silence, making her jump in the process. "N/N-chan, I think you're just like those Sakura blossoms. Delicate and frail." "I'm not frail! Baka!" "Yeah, says the girl who collapsed after running less than half a lap and begged me to carry her to the nurse." "I DID NOT!" "You couldn't even walk, so I basically had to drag you!" "(Unintelligible noise)" "heheh looks like someone's mad" *snaps a pic of y/n's pouting face and death stare* "Hey! Delete that!" Y/N tried to chase him but couldn't because of her asthmatic condition. "I told you so!" "Hmph!"

They walked the rest of the way to school in silence. Until Inosuke appeared out of nowhere and made the friends jump out of their skin. "(Boar noises)" "Oh hey Inosuke! I actually thought you were a boar just now!" Exclaimed the bemused boy. "Heheh I'm just excited to meet y'all again after so long" replied Inosuke in his somewhat croaky voice. "Well what're you waiting for! Stop chatting and go inside!" Y/N said, impatient to meet her other friends.

Glossary:
Mataatode = see you later
N/N = Nickname
Baka = idiot
Sakura = Cherry blossom
F/B = Favourite Breakfast

A/N:
This was a relatively short chapter compared to the ones coming later. I hope you liked it and I will update asap

Keep yourself safe and healthy and drink more water and eat more food!