Chapter 6 - Lunch Duty

After the chaotic and honestly kind of interesting maths lesson, the students met Miss Tamayo in a rather peaceful and dull health lesson in contrast, and then it was finally lunch, a moment all the students were waiting for.

This time, they were having lunch at their own classrooms instead of the cafeteria since it was normally reserved for staff only, and two students had been paired up and assigned to lunch duty on a rotation so each member of the class will have had about 20 lunch duties by the end of the school year, and Y/N was coincidentally paired up with Muichiro (Author: convenient, eh?), which made her really relieved since she would not be able to partner up with anyone else due to her extreme social anxiety.

1st person PoV:

Anyway, today was lunch duty for Yuichiro and Kiki, and the poor guy did not want to talk to people so bad, he practically went onto his knees and begged Muichiro to take his place, but the younger twin refused and told him that he didn't want to be on lunch duty for twice the time and that Yuichiro would have to start trying to talk to girls when he keeps complaining that he's still single. They then started to bicker until Kiki had enough and just dragged Yuichiro to change into scrubs for distributing the food (we only need to bring bentos for the first day). Half the time, while that was happening, I was trying REALLY hard not to burst out laughing because the situation was just so comical.

Y/N rn fr:

Anyhow, their lunch duty went by without so much as a hitch, making everyone marvel how easily they fell into pace with each other even though they've obviously never worked together before. Hell, they didn't even talk to each other, communicating only with glances and facial expressions. Muichiro told me that he had never seen his twin working ao well with a girl before since it always ended in some sort of disaster.

After lunch, we helped clean up everything and Kiki tried to engage me in conversation but I was too shy to reply in more than monosyllabic words, and the "conversation" soon turned into a one-sided monologue. Poor Kiki was trying so hard to get me to warm up to her, and I was just too worried about what to say in order not to bore or offend her that I might have scared her off forever. I want to be her friend so bad, she's so pretty and nice and everything! Oh, and by the way, I ship her with Yuichiro! I mean, isn't their compatibility soooo cute? And their chemistry!

Anyway, I'm going to have lunch duty tomorrow with Mui, and I'm kind of nervous about handing plates of hot food to people that tower over and intimidate me. Should I let Muichiro do that bit?

A/N: heyyy bestiess! Long time no see! Did you like this chapter? And... yes, Kiki and Yui is a ship, and who knows, they might end up together (wink, wink). Also, i'm  sorry i cant update more often but my phone always gets confiscated by my mum and i cant use wattpad on school wifi so yeah. See ya later, alligator!