Chapter 3: Lunch

Minor fluff incoming...

Muichiro PoV:

As we walked to the lunch hall, I goofed around with Damian and got to know him a bit. And... guess what... he likes Anya. Not like he actually has a chance with the girl, though, since she obviously sees him as a friend and a friend only. Afyer talking a bit with him, I looked around to see what the others were doing. Anya was... trying to talk to Y/N while the latter was staring back at the former with a totally blank face. Typical introverted Y/N. I decided to walk over to the girls, dragging Damian and bumpong into a grumpy Yuichiro, who was being forced to talk to Kiki in the process. When Y/N saw me, she visibly perked up and smiled sweetly at me,  completely ignoring an absolutely flabbergasted Anya.

Y/N PoV:

When Muichiro walked over, I immediately smiled at him since I had no intention of speaking to the pink-haired girl who was currently pestering me and who was also a complete stranger (Y/N has xenophobia but wouldn't admit it). He draped an arm across my shoulders, whispering in a low and deep voice in my ear, "Your hand looks heavy. Can I hold it for you?" As his breath caressed my face softly, I flushed, flustered and stuttered, "Uh-uh okay? WHY ARE YOU FLIRTING WITH ME???" "I was trying to cheer you up! Chillll..." I glared at him but still let him take my hand as he chuckled lightly. at my mock enraged expression and INTERTWINED his fingers with mine, smirking as he did so. Seriously... What is wrong with him today? Why is he acting so weird?

As we approached the lunch hall, Tanjiro appeared, remarking on the bright crimson hue of my ears as he showed us to the table he was sharing with Nezuko, Aoi, Kanao, Zenitsu and (our favourite boar boy) Inosuke. I plonked down on my seat, grateful to be away from Muichiro for just a bit after he acted so weirdly with me just now.

Time skip... (idk what to write)

As we were finishing up our lunch, Muichiro took a large chunk of steaming hot Furofuki Daikon from his bento and stuffed it in my mouth, that annoying smirk appearing on his face again as I opened my mouth to let the piece of food cool down a bit in order not to cook my already burnt tongue.

Ugh... this boy drives me absolutely crazy

Sending him a death glare, I continued cleaning up my part of the table, appreciating the sweet taste of the radish in the process and trying to pretend that nothing had happened even thiugh my face was burning and my heart was pounding so hard I might have had a heart attack right then while he chatted with the other boys as if nothing had happened. How can he pull that off when I'm a literal blushing mess? What was he even thinking when he did that? I can't with this guy... How on earth can he have such duplicity?

After finishing up the cleaning, I gossiped with the girls for a while until I remembered that we had PE after with my brother as the teacher and went to the changing rooms with the others (A/N: everyone in the year has PE on the same day at the same time and you all already have your PE clothes since you were all told to bring them on the first day of school)

Third person PoV:

As Y/N was walking away from the lunch hall with the girls (Aoi, Kanao, Nezuko, Anya and Kiki), Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Damian were asking Muichiro about his changed friendship dynamic with Y/N as their bickering and flirting were atypical of two best friends, with Yuichiro giving his younger twin a side eye. They also noticed that the way the two acted towards each other had changed quite a bit since Junior High, which was "suspecting", to put it in Inosuke's words, which always have grammatical errors. Nothing, of course, escaped the scrutiny of eagle-eyed Zenitsu when it comes to these things. He was jealous that Muichiro's flirting and smirks affected Y/N so much (of course, the way she was ferociously blushing was so obvious that everyone sat at the table saw it, they just turned a blind eye to it so as not to make Y/N embarassed) At last, after twenty minutes straight of being scrutinised by the other boys, Muichiro bent under the pressure and admitted that he liked Y/N.

 He was jealous that Muichiro's flirting and smirks affected Y/N so much (of course, the way she was ferociously blushing was so obvious that everyone sat at the table saw it, they just turned a blind eye to it so as not to make Y/N embarassed) At...

Side eyeeeee

Meanwhile, Y/N was also being asked about her actual feelings towards the boy. While she admitted that he was "kinda cute", she did not feel the same way to the boy. Her reactions were just because she felt embarrassed when he did what he did in front of the whole year and the entire friend group. (Note that Y/N was not blushing when Muichiro pinned her to a whole ass Sakura tree trunk earlier when they were alone) 

The pounding in my heart was just adrenaline...

Little did she know, everything she knew about herself and her best friend was about to change...

A/N: Omg guys I wrote another chapter! Cant wait to write the rest because theyre gonna be amazing. Anyways sorry for the late update! I have so much homework and so many tests coming up so I have little to no time for writing so all my chapters are really short. This chapter is probably the longest one in the whole story at this point.But thank you for all the support and keep safe and healthy! I will update asap