NINE

A SCHOOL bell was heard as Yoo-jin rose awake, noticing Kyung-jun sleeping on her shoulder

A SCHOOL bell was heard as Yoo-jin rose awake, noticing Kyung-jun sleeping on her shoulder. The usual siren echoed through the air 'Before the last vote closed, Police used their Skill. During the night, Jang Hyun-ho was executed by the Mafia. Jang Hyun-ho was a Citizen.' the voice on the PA announced as Yoo-jin simply sighed.

She leaned on Kyung-jun's head, grabbing hold of his wrist "You know... the others will probably suspect you today." she muttered softly.

"I know." he responded "Should we go meet up with the rest?" He asked as Yoo-jin gave a small nod.

Once they both reached the front, the two just stood there staring at the body of one of their closest friends.

"I know the Mafia had to execute someone. But did they have to be this cruel?" a boy commented, staring at Hyun-ho's corpse.

Yoo-jin looked down, noticing how Kyung-jun suddenly intertwined their hands. Though she could feel a certain guy staring at the two.

He just gave her a small smile  "We should move the guys first." Yoon-seo spoke up.

"No. I won't do it. If you want to do it, you do it." So-mi retorted, walking up the stairs "Hey, where are you going?" Jun-hee questioned, the girl simply ignoring him.

"We were supposed to stay together until the vote." Jun-hee stated "We can reassemble at night." So-mi snapped back "We don't even know which one of us are the Mafia. Staying together sounds riskier." So-mi muttered out, angrily walking up the stairs.

"That wench..." Kyung-jun muttered out, about to approach the girl. Halting once Yoo-jin placed a restraining hand on his shoulder.

Eventually, Mi-na and Na-hee followed the girl up as Yoo-jin also left to go to her room.

Yoo-jin closed the door to her room, letting out a sigh as she went to check her bags for any cigarettes, while she was rummaging through her stuff she found a letter and a wrapped gift.

She hesitated at first, but she finally opened the letter, probably from her secret admirer that has been leaving small gifts in her locker. She let out a small smile as she read the first few sentences.

Hey Yoo-jin,

Alright, brace yourself-I'm about to unleash some profound thoughts on this piece of paper. And, yeah, I know you're likely to stumble upon this letter, so consider it a little surprise amidst your ninja bag-searching skills.

So, here it goes. You, my friend, are like the Da Vinci Code of mystery-wrapped-in-an-enigma combos. Your tough exterior, that stoic vibe-it's like you've got a superhero alter ego. I've been meaning to spill the beans on that for a while now, but don't let it go to your head.

The girl let out a soft chuckle as she read the sentence "Da Vinci Code of what now?" she mumbled before continuing to read the letter.

As we navigate the wild rollercoaster of life, I've noticed your impressive talent for tackling challenges. Your resilience, your "I've got this" attitude-it's like you've got a backstage pass to the drama of life. Lucky for me, I've got a ringside seat to witness the spectacle.