𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ~ A Hatful of Dreams

The sun shone upon the cyan seas, the wind blowing gently as the clouds moved past a passing ship. On that ship, was a young chocolate maker; someone full of dreams of his own. He had just spent years from his life, all dedicated to gaining what he needs to make the most wonderful delicacy in the world; chocolate. His name...Willy Wonka. The man climbed up the ship's pole and stood on the crow's nest, as he gazed upon the land that could faintly be seen as the ship continued its course. 

He let a smile come upon his lips, as he watched the sight in front of him. It was a place he had longed to see, and a place where he would be whatever he wanted to be.

(Start to 2:19)

"After seven years of life upon the ocean,
It is time to bid the Seven Seas farewell"

"And the city I've pinned seven years of hopes on
Lies just over the horizon, I can hear the harbour bell"

The ship's bell echoed throughout. "Land ahoy!" He exclaimed out, sliding down on an icy rope and then running down to get ready.

"Got a tattered overcoat and battered suitcase"

An engineer helped Willy put his purple, and said tattered overcoat, on before being thrown his suitcase. 

"Got a pair of leaky boots upon my feet"

A cleaner had accidentally thrown water onto Willy's shoes, giving the man an apology. He just smiled in return.

"Gotta drag myself up by my one good bootlace
Gotta work my rotten socks off if I want to make ends meet"

Willy grabbed his bag, cane and was thrown his brown, top hat; which he placed tightly on his head. 

"I've poured everything I've got into my chocolate
Now it's timе to show the world my recipes"

The ship's driver took some sovereigns and threw it to Willy. "Good luck, Willy!" The chocolatier jumped onto the top of a truck, starting to drive off and lead him towards town.

"I've got twelve silver sovereigns in my pocket
And a hatful of dreams"

~~~~~~~

The truck had, at last, taken Willy to where he wished to be. He held his arm out and latched onto a light pole, sliding down in a twist and onto the ground. He adjusted his top hat, before continuing on his way.

"There's a famous restaurant on every street here
There's Brandino's and the Bar Parisian"

"Restaurant map, sir?"

"Oh, thank you."

"Got a little map to tell me where to eat here"

"Had a dozen silver sovereigns, now I'm somehow down to ten
Want the finest produce?"

"This is where they stock it"

Willy came over to see some produce of fruit and vegetables, and took a pumpkin into his hands; analysing it. However, a tram came past and its ringing bell scared him. It made him drop the pumpkin and break it, completely. "That's three sovereigns, mate." The shopkeeper said. Willy sighed in dismay, handing the amount to her.