happy christmas!

BONUS CHAPTER: CHRISTMAS WITH
THE SOLACE FAMILY ( au )

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

just a lil gift and also kind of an apology for all the angst in the last
three chapters haha

I'd like to note this is an au where the war never happened and
nobody is dead and also reg and Ollie are dating!! because an au is the only way you can rlly get
that in this fic

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

               CHRISTMAS AT THE SOLACE'S HOUSE WAS ALWAYS BUSY. Everyone was running around the house, trying to get it clean before letting the dogs back in, cooking and setting up the record player and making sure all the animals are fed.

Of course, this year they had a little extra help from the Marauders, as well as James' parents, and the neighbors who live about five miles down the road.

Regulus still hadn't shown up, though.

At the moment, Ollie was showing Remus around the reptile room, while also feeding the animals. Ollie decided to get out one of their reticulated pythons, Joan, hoisting her up to wrap around his shoulders.

"She's probably gonna break my back one day." He says, his voice only slightly strained as he lifted up Joan's head. "God damn, did you get bigger?"

Remus stepped forward slightly, but he still seemed a bit nervous. "Can I-"

"Yes, you can pet her. Just two fingers gently along the top of her head." Ollie said, already answering the question he knew Remus would ask.

Remus smiled a little awkwardly, but he gently pet Joan as Ollie instructed, and his smile grew. "I wouldn't recommend holding her, though." Ollie said with a laugh. "I can barely hold her now. Reticulated pythons don't normally get this big in captivity but..I guess we've just been raising her well. Last time we measured Joan she was.. Twenty-five feet long, I think? Cherie was twenty-seven."

"Wait, did you name them after Joan Jett and Cherie Currie?" Remus asked with a laugh.

"What kind of question is that, Rem?"

"Yo! Ollie! Your boyfriend is here!" Tommy said from the doorway of the reptile room.

"I-"

"I'll finish feeding them. Go, dumbass." Tommy sighed, and Ollie grinned and thanked her, passing Joan to her quickly and running into the house, to the front door, where Regulus was standing, taking off his scarf. Snow was still stuck to his nose and eyelashes, not quite melted in the warmth of the house. His hair was messy, and in the warm lighting his eyes were the color of evergreens.

He was gorgeous.

Regulus turned and before he could even utter a word Ollie's arms were wrapped around his neck in a hug. Regulus sighed, but he couldn't help but smile, pressing a kiss to the top of Ollie's head. "Can I at least get my coat off?" He said softly.