Chapter 23-The Interruption

FRANCE POV

"Pff...", I let out a small laugh. What? It wasn't my fault! It was actually Germany's! "I can't believe you burned yourself like that at the sun...", I continued. He was telling me about the one time he went to the beach. Turned out it wasn't a very good idea...

"It's not funny...I was in pain!", he said dramatically. Despite his wanting me to stop laughing at him, I could see the smile that had formed on his lips. He wasn't really angry, but mostly enjoyed it.

"That's why you prefer vocations on the mountain and not on the beach? Woah...", I chuckled at the end.

"Yeah, and I can't believe that you prefer the beach...Traitor...", he shook his head in disapproval and closed his eyes.

I started laughing and he just chuckled. Gosh, this man could make me laugh with ANYTHING he said...

"Oh, I am deeply sorry...", I smirked.

"Forgiven...for now...", he said.

I smiled and looked at my tea, which I had almost finished.

"It's your turn now...", I reminded him. What we were doing felt like a game. Just asking questions about each other, whatever came in mind at that moment. I guess it was helping, we were both feeling much more comfortable with each other. Is that how a friendship begins? I can't remember the moment me and Greece became best friends...It was a long time ago.

"Right...Um...", he started thinking. In spite of what I had learned for Germany according to what we were saying, I also noticed that he is biting his bottom lip when he is thinking. And with those glasses he wears, he sometimes looks like a cute nerd...But no, Germany is more tough that he seems to be. He can be EXTREMELY angry when needed.

"Tell me about your favorite subject at school. If you rememeber anything, I mean...", he smirked.

"I am not a dinosaur, you know...", I said annoyed. Was he implying something? But he already knows my age and I am younger than him!

"Of course not...You are a beautiful princess.", he chuckled.

I blushed, but decided to play it a little tough.

"Stop making fun of me...", I tried to hide my smile.

He smiled even more. But it wasn't a happy smile, it was more of a suspicious one...

"I am not making fun of you. I just found you a nice nickname...".

"Whatever...So, my favorite subject...". I got lost in my thoughts about school. I mean, all the subjects were nice...OR NOT...Ugh, I couldn't decide...I literally cross Physical Education out, it was the worst...I think I found the one, though...

"Ready, princess?", he asked.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT...", I shouted while I was being a blushing mess. I liked the nickname, but if he is to see my red face everytine he says it, he will surely understand I have a thing for him...So, no way.

Germany was actually a little shocked by my sudden outburst, leaning back at his chair, his eyes widened and his hands up as if he wanted to prove his innocence about something.

"...Damn...", he said.

I just rolled my eyes and smiled.

"So...I will go with Literature...Relaxing and inspiring, don't you think?".

"Yeah, it is indeed a nice subject...But allow me to go with Mathematics.", he suddenly snapped.

I chocked on air. WHY WOULD ANYONE LIKE MATHEMATICS? They require so much thinking! I was crying over my notebook for hours trying to solve them! I guess it's on the person...Germany indeed is open-minded and thoughtful, I can see why he liked Mathematics at school.