01| Eye Contact

Whenever I see her, I feel jealous, lonely and pathetic

Whenever I see her, I feel jealous, lonely and pathetic. I wonder what does he even see in her, I'm far better looking and definitely have much more intellect than her, still, he prefers her over me , he doesn't even look at me.

Yes, HER ,the lovely and coy Raj's beloved SIMRAN

Yes, HER ,the lovely and coy Raj's beloved SIMRAN. I hate her from the core of my heart, she always steal him away from me in every fucking dream of mine.

I always dream of myself in that "sarso ke khet" in a patiala white suit with Raj sweetly screaming my name.

Roohi.....Roohi...Roohi. Whenever he tries to come near me and hold my hand, she comes in between like a weed among the roses.

Sigh

Simran has Raj, Zara has Veer, Anjali has Rahul but what about me?. Its been freaking 18 years of your life on this earth Roohi and you're still single?! Still without your first kiss?! How pathetic!

I love Bollywood, especially SRK well who doesn't? I wonder if I'll be able to find that " Bollywood wala love " that everyone talks about. Today's my first day of college. Delhi Imperial College , it's been my dream to study here and hopefully I will find my soulmate there.

Stop! Roohi Stop! Its not a Karan Johar sponsored college where you will find your "Ishq wala Love" stop imagining things.

College , 9:30 A.M.

Room A205 for my first class of Indian classical writing. It was not easy to locate the room for my first class in this big heck of a college but somehow I managed to find it. When I entered the class, it was full of chattering and screaming. I managed to find a seat in the middle. There are approx 100 students in this class. I have never interacted with this many people in my whole existence.

" I have heard our professor for this class is a hot one". A voice came from behind.

I looked back to see a group of girls chattering and giggling seeing probably the picture of our new alleged hot professor as they are saying.

"So cheap thirsting over your own professor." I whispered.

" Exactly my point. These hot professors and stuff are only in those cringey Wattpad novels not in real life. Especially in India, one can find only old grumpy and fat professors with whom you might not learn anything but will get adequate amount of sleep through their boring lectures."

I laughed "True, and it's only been the first class of the first day and the groupism has already started. I can find myself alone at the back of the bench by the end of the day."

"No, you'll not. I'll accompany you, we'll both sit at the last bench to gossip about each and everyone. Okay partner?"

" Aye aye captain! "

"Captain Shrika would be admirable."

"Looks like you are a more chilled and casual version of me, it's Roohi nice to meet you."

"Mucho gusto."

Suddenly silence filled in the whole class as I saw a young man wearing long black coat beneath a white shirt and black formal pants, with his hair a little drenched due to the rain outside entering into the class. As the class stood up to wish him , I realised he's our professor.

"Please take your seats. Guys, I know your semester started very late due to a new entrance exam or whatever but I assure your syllabus will be completed before time with you guys understanding each text properly."

"Damn... he's so cool and hot." A voice came from behind.

" I know you all are having doubts about answer writing, how to comprehend the text etc. Trust me all your doubts will get clear after this class with my notes. Please take out your notebooks."

While he was giving his lecture, I was in a state of confusion. Never in my life had I imagined that I will get confused about someone's looks. He looks average to me but with every other girl drooling over him, including Shrika, who hasn't closed her mouth since he entered and gawking at him like a dog, I'm trying to examine if he's good looking or not.

After looking at him for half an hour I realised I don't find him attractive, it's not like I want to be a pick me girl. But this is genuinely how I feel or maybe I'm still heartbroken from my past that I don't find anyone attractive anymore.

He looks young probably even young to be a professor how much time does it take for one to be a professor like 10 years?! He looks like a good 25 years old, still he's a professor that too in such a prestigious university.

What is his age? I want to know. Is he even a professor or some senior trying to prank all of us? I want to know about his educational qualifications. I want to see his degree!!

10:20 A.M.

While I was writing down my notes, simultaneously chattering non stop with Shrika, I felt as if someone was staring right through my soul. When i looked upwards I found HIM staring at me.

Do vote !! If you want me to continue the story :)
Next update- January 2024