20| He's Engaged?!

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold : when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade
~ Charles Dickens

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold : when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade~ Charles Dickens

Sabr, the holy word that I keep chanting whenever something unfortunate happens with me. I believe in my God, He would never intentionally hurt me. I know He's just testing my patience like every other devotee of his. After all it's life, full of unexpected twists and turns.

But shouldn't I deserve atleast remnants of felicity? Why I'm always getting hurt and never healed? What wrong have I done that he keeps tormenting me with constant heartbreaks? Why does he keep bringing people in my life who's only agenda is to play with my heart?

It was my first exam today and only I know how tormenting it was for me to prepare myself to study.

"Hey, are you okay?"

My eyes wandered from the window at the landing of the stairs to Shrika as she inquired putting her hand on the back of my shoulder making me come out of my depressed thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied with a faint smile on my face.

"Why is the air so sullen here? What happened?" Shiv inquired descending the stairs.

"Nothing, I'm going back home. I'm feeling cold." I replied tucking my hair behind whilst taking a deep sigh.

"Cold? In this hot season?" Shiv asked being dumbfounded.

"It might be hot at the outside but the cool breeze is making me quite feverish."

The tears might be hot
but my heart is froze!

"Roohi, don't be so sad. Forget him, it was just a little crush. You will find a better guy."

Shrika muttered as her arms gripped my waist. I softly removed her hands feeling uncomfortable with the touch. I don't know when will I cease to feel these weary shivers in my body. Though I feel uncomfortable with physical touches, Nishaan's touch always makes my body to melt into his.

Why is that?

"What happened? Is anyone going to tell me?" Shiv asked putting both his hands around his waist.

"Nishaan sir is engaged!" Shrika shrieked

The moment I heard those words, my breathe stopped again and a tear fell out of my eye. As Shrika started enunciating to Shiv about the reason for my unhappiness. I cupped my eyes trying to soak the tears while reminiscing the horror of that day.

"Is everything alright here?"

Both My and Maan's face swerved to the sideways when the husky voice broke our argument. I saw Nishaan standing there with his fist clenched and face fuming red with rage. I could easily decipher trenches forming on his forehead.