Prophesy

'Fahla saved us all' Oralice repeated again. Fahla was an elf whose ability was to duplicate himself multiple times without adverse effects. His ability had earned them a ground when it came to numbers. He and Oralice were emotionally attached.

'Yes, Fahla did' Jaryl said with his eyes closed as he leaned his aching back against the cool surface of the the rock of the manhole 'and we are all sorry you had to lose him.'

Oralice shrugs as she looks at Zanya who is lying on the floor in a corner bleeding copiously from different parts of her body as she is tended to by two healers and at others who are either injured or recovering from shock 'You've counted a greater loss than I have' she says her doe-like eyes getting watery in the glare of the fire light from the torches.

'So what do we do now?' she asks as her eyes get misty again 'We regroup ' Shilan answers looking determinedly at Jaryl and Farrind.

'We should better rest' Shilan announces to the group as she stands up to get some blankets from a pile in the corner and starts handing them out.

     ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

'The valley of death marching and singing. The prisoners rejoice for the feats they have been promised from the bowels of the earth.'
' What does that mean?' Jaryl asks Shilan inquisitively. ' I'm trying to figure that out ' she answers .
Oralice had woken them up with her latest chant going over it repeatedly like a famous poem, her eyes misty as she hugged her knees and rocked herself gently.

'The valley of death marching and singing the prisoners rejoice...'   Farrind huffs beside Jaryl an arm resting on the hilt of his blade ' As in the real  Valley of death and the real  Jail?' he asks jokingly.

' That's it Farrind.' Shilan exclaims. 'For the first time in forever.' Jaryl adds but Shilan is already on her feet waking people up as she explains 'The "feast from the bowels of the earth" is us. They know we are in here.'
'How?' Farrind asks looking at Jaryl confused
'There is still a mole amongst us. As close as the twins were.' Farrind swore silently as they both stood up Jaryl giving out orders on how the wounded should be assisted while Farrind opens up a passage that opens into a tunnel. 'Take the blankets with you. ' Shilan calls out to the group 'You'd need them.'

'If they track us again, we have nowhere to go-this is our last resort' Farrind whispered to Jaryl. " I still can not believe I trusted that mongrel bastard Seik.' Jaryl replied bitterly. 'Trust me, no one expected it- even me.' Farrind consoled.
'You can say it now.' Jaryl told him
'Say what' Farrind asked
'That you told me not to trust the twins.'
'Crying over spilt milk is of no use to the drunk man.' Farrind told him imitating a wise tone.
'Another random "wise" saying you're making up I see. ' Jaryl mocked.
'What do you mean? I am getting offended ' Farrind replied feigning offense.
'Nothing 'Jaryl replied 'You had better.'