Laugh

Farrind

         A kind smile here, a sympathetic one, a wink thrown in, I do my best to leave a positive vibe behind me as I walk towards Jaryl.
     His profile blends in with the ice, the black clothes working as the only thing making him stand out.

         His white hair shimmered slightly. Seik had fallen in love with him for a reason or two as he had told me. I am guessing one of those reasons was Jaryl's looks.

        I assessed each person's situation as I passed making sure that I did not leave anyone behind.

I liked to think of myself as the sunny powerhouse of this little movement of ours. The thought gave a little bounce my steps (that was a lie. Shilan's kiss was).

     ' Jaryl, my head hurts.'

     ' I won't be kissing you for warmth.' was his clipped reply. I paused for a second, surprised, even as I quickly gathered my composure and quickened  my pace to catch up with him again. 'You were at least a 100 feet away' .

      He didn't reply but I continued
     'Okay, your point.'

    'There are kids here. You and Shilan should try getting a.personal area to do that s***'

  'Thou mightiest Lord Jaryl of the Royal House of Parynth.' Jaryl immediately wore a scowl on his face he moment he heard the title.

'Shut up Farrind.' he hissed. 'Yes my lord'
If anything, Jaryl's scowl deepened as he shot a deathly glare my way. 'How does Shilan bear you?'

  'She doesn't ' I answer 'you don't bear someone like me.' He scoffed and the scowl wore off his face. 'In your dreams.'

    'Want a trial?' I dared. Jaryl quirked up an eyebrow and I pulled him to the nearest member of the group.

   'Dearest friend Kristina, do you think of me as a friend or a for?'

'Friend' Kristina chirped bubbling as usual.

   'Friendliest of the three?' I asked referring to myself, Jaryl, and Shilan.

   'No dearest Sir. That title belongs to our Shilan fairest of them all.' she sang sounding poetic 'she would always have a special place in my heart.' and with that she forged ahead.

  Jaryl had a humored expression on his face. 'I thought you were the best and friendliest?' he asked me mockingly.

   'At least I'm not the least.' I said and sauntered off as I saw Jaryl's scowl slip back on his perfect face.

    'Farrind,' Zanya called out. It had been a day and she already looked better (mild exaggeration, she had seen better days) I walked towards her ' what's eating her up' she said nodding towards Jaryl.

'A lot.' I answered simply and when she seemed to have nothing else to say, after a brief nod, I left to spread warmth and the little joy I could from person to person.