Time

Happy Sunday Folks . And here's the first chapter

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

THREE DAYS AFTER THE FALL

Jaryl

The trip of two days lasted three. As we took the steps leading to the mouth of the cave which opened up into the Glade - a thick dense forest bordering Clav.

Farrind steps forward and leans on the boulder of ice leading to the opening.
'Game plan?' he states simply. 'Anyone has any ideas?'

We had already planned our next step above but we knew it would still be practical to let those who had ideas voice it out. 'My grandmother once had a hut. We can live there and lie low for a couple of months.' Oralice offers and grunts of disapproval are heard.

Farrind nods his head probably running the idea in his head. He hums and clicks his tongue before saying 'Other ideas?' 'We should be constantly moving.' a boy my age says.

'To constantly move we must have a destination right?' I told him. 'Yes, I know that.' the boy replies 'Elvish Forests. We can follow the course of the healing Elvish waters.' Farrind nods again but I speak up before he can making heads turn.

'The waters give and take -an arm for an arm - except you're an elf.' Farrind looks at me and announces 'So then we choose another route same destination?'

'We should drop the idea entirely.' another boy speaks up his face dusted with freckles and much older than I am 'Elves of the forest are inhospitable and if we get cornered again we'd be stuck in between the elves and the sea.'

'I can control water' a girl speaks up 'and we have six elementals, a toraliq, three healers, faeries, and a dark and light Di-er-sal'm'

'Dirimat has much more' I tell her. Afon's face falls for a moment as Shilan - who has been unusually silent- speaks up 'But her point will come in handy if we get cornered.' I nodded thoughtfully.

Farrind clapped his hand to regain attention and began 'So we have a plan. In as much as we wouldn't like to love in an old lady's oversized cottage, Oralice is right - we need to lie low for a few days.'

'We've been lying low for three or four days now.' A freckle-faced boy Aidan protested.

'And unfortunately, no Elemental can produce food' Farrind supplied 'So, we stop by the village, gather supplies, and then move again. The next location would be communicated once it's time.'

We all nodded in confirmation although I saw a few sulking faces so I nodded suggestively towards Farrind who got the hint.

'Any questions?' he asked as hands shot up and he pointed to a boy called Rock for his elemental abilities and muscular physique 'So we are to lie low for months?' he asked 'No' Farrind responded 'A week or so at most and then would be on our way.'

Rock grunted in approval and stared at the mass of rocky soil above Farrind's head that seemed to be supported by an invincible force.

He grunted again and walked up to it, stretched his hand out towards it and turned into a mound of rock for a moment and back as he turned around to face us 'All clear!' he announced and I opened up the barricade and let the rocks pelt him.

The last I saw of Rock before he pulled himself out of the tunnel was the grateful smile flashed my way and I tipped my head in return even if he didn't see it.

Please vote people.🥺🥺