-0-

Karel Mause stretched and sat up on the edge of the bed. He glanced back at the still sleeping girl. Her name was Rita.

When the hunter had come across a small orphan who could potentially join their ranks, Rita, his fifteen-year-old older sister, had rushed over. Karel had managed to convince this idiot, as easily as he had convinced his five-year-old brother, that their parents had been killed by wizards. She wanted to join too.

But ever since he had started their training, she had been openly seducing her master. Karel was significantly older than her, as he was already in his thirties, but annoyed and tired after countless number of attempts, he had eventually given in. With a long sigh, the hunter got up to get dressed and went out onto the balcony, lighting a cigarette. When she was still little, Lili had made him promise to quit...

Karel looked up to observe the vast grounds of the manor that had been made available to him for the training of young hunters. A real obstacle course had been set up there. Climbing, weapon handling, running, jumping, a complete training worthy of the best soldiers. Some of the children were already awake and had started. These little ones had a future among the hunters. Convinced that their parents had been killed by wizards, they were determined to be able to kill at least one.

While he was observing the young ones in full training, Karel felt two slender arms wrap around him and a head rest against his back. 

"It's a beautiful morning, isn't it, Karel? Are you training me today?"

 Annoyed, the adult moved away and headed inside. 

"It's 'Master Karel' for you too, Rita," he growled. "What happened last night will never happen again, so there's no point in thinking you can be so familiar with me."

He left the room to join the rest of his students.