-2-

The boat did not take long to arrive, and the teachers began to call the roll. While Lili and her two friends were talking while waiting to be called, Lulis joined them, accompanied by a first-year student. This eleven-year-old boy was small, and his hair was of a strange turquoise color.

"Hello Utka," Izãdo said. "I had forgotten that you were starting school this year."

"Do you know this kid?" Ree asked.

"We are only a year older than him, you know?" Lulis replied. "He is Utka Andhera, the son of the Russian minister, he is a half-nymph."

The named Utka greeted them timidly, then quickly stepped back when he saw the king approaching his son.

"Izãdo, we need to talk before you board," the king growled.

"Leave him alone for a bit!" Lili retorted.

"And who are you, little one? What is your name?" the king asked.

"It's Lili," the young prince interrupted. "Lili Mause, you know... the one who helped stop Professor Butter."

The adult looked at his son for a moment, then his eyes settled on Lili. After a brief moment of silence, he swore under his breath and walked away.

"Does that change anything?" Ree asked, turning to Izãdo.

"Everything," Lulis replied. "First, Mr. Butter certainly couldn't have been caught without Lili if he had been discovered. Then, she has a very powerful wand that no one else seems to be able to touch without her permission, except for that mysterious albino man. And finally, fairies are among the creatures with the most powerful magic, and Lili is half-fairy, not to mention that fire fairies are generally the most dangerous. There's also the bubak's cape."

"What's so special about it?" Lili asked. "He just told me that its scent would hide mine and prevent carnivores from attacking me."

"Partly only. Clothes made by bubaks are very rare and have quite powerful magical protection. Of course, it wouldn't protect you against a death spell or other more powerful things, but there are quite a few that would have no effect on you."

"You know a lot..."

"Everyone talked a lot about you at the palace this summer," Izãdo continued. "Soon, the name 'Mause' will no longer be associated with the most terrible hunter but with a very talented young girl who saved Bermuda School."

"Don't exaggerate!" Lili scolded, blushing. "I still have a lot to learn."

"But none of us would have been able to stop Amos," Izãdo said.

Their conversation ended when Donatello called his daughter to board the ship, and shortly after, it was Lili's turn.

Unlike the previous year, most of the looks turned towards her were admiring, and many students warmly greeted her as she arrived on deck. Khalil, the half-dragon now dressed in yellow, approached her with a smile.

"Is everything okay, Lili?" he asked. "You'll be able to go back to the farm with us this year."

"Oh really?" the girl exclaimed. "Why?"

"Well, the bubak's cape. We're not afraid of another chimera attack with that."

"That's true! I had forgotten!"

"I was starting to get used to it," Izãdo murmured. "Too bad, I would have liked to continue."

"We can surely ask Mr. Lalus. I'm sure he'll agree!"

Lili noticed Luil, who stood apart as usual, and went to greet him too. He was surprised that she noticed him but nevertheless happy.

Finally, with all the students on board, the horn sounded, and the ship set sail.

Lili and her friends went down to the hold to rest in the different cabins provided for this purpose.

But Lili couldn't fall asleep. She sat up, watching Ree sleep in the bed across from her. Above her was Charity. The half-fairy sighed and quietly got up. It must have been around four o'clock in the morning. She quietly walked through the corridors and went back up to the deck to lean against the railing. The night was cool. Too cool. Fortunately, the bubak's cape she had put on over her pajamas kept her warm enough.

The sea was calm, and the sky was clear. Lili could see all the stars, amusing herself by finding the constellations in the sky. She stretched and looked up, leaning back to find her favorite constellation, the one of the wolf, which she had only seen in books, but her head bumped into something.

She quickly straightened up and faced the strange albino man who constantly appeared near her. After a long moment of silence, she remembered the previous year.

"I didn't get a chance to thank you," the girl said. "It was you who showed me where my wand was last year. But I still don't know who you are..."

In response, the stranger placed a finger on the girl's lips to silence her, offering her one of his mysterious smiles. Then he took her by the shoulders, pointed his finger at the sky, and traced a line in the air, in line with the constellation of the wolf. When the line disappeared, Lili could admire this star pattern, smiling.

"Alonzo," the stranger murmured.

"What?" Lili looked at him, perplexed, but he merely smiled and disappeared once again. Alonzo... that must be his name.