-9-

"I was wondering. Lulis, Ree, and Izãdo looked up at the half-fairy. They had just finished their elus training and settled in the common room of the second years.

"This school brings together young wizards from all over the world," Lili continued. "So why are there so few of us?

"I don't know what you're looking for," Ree coughed.

"No, I mean... in the second year, there are barely fifteen of us, and look at the first years, there are only ten.

"The last years are thirty.

"Ree, you know exactly what I mean.

"It's because of the hunters," Izãdo interrupted. "They attack wizarding families and also kill children. Before, we used to receive registration letters, but now it's the professors who are responsible for bringing them to us. They attract less attention than a little fairy carrying a letter, even if she flies at night. The hunters knew that and would go out at sunset to spot the fairies and follow them, I don't have to explain what happened next. It's only since last year that it was decided that the professors would be in charge of the new students. Unfortunately, the hunters still manage to find ours. I suppose that, until now, Amos Butter had something to do with it. And who's to say there aren't other wizard-hunters?"

The three friends of the prince remained silent. It was true, who could they trust?

The small group was brought back to reality when a stack of books was violently placed on the table in front of the armchairs. They looked up to see Edward, one of the triplets, his expression a mix of anger and embarrassment.

"Mause!" he exclaimed without looking at her. "Professor Howler and Professor Salvator really want you to help me revise their subjects."

Lili looked at the arrogant blond, surprised. He seemed furious, but was it really anger that was making his cheeks blush?

"You have some nerve!" Ree exclaimed, standing up. "After all your teasing, you dare to come asking for help?

"It's not me who wants it!" Edward replied, facing the blonde. "It's the professors, go complain to them! By the way, Mrs. Harisson wants you to help Louis revise his white magic."

He pointed to his mute twin, further away in the room, sitting next to Anna who seemed to be scolding him severely.

"Why is she yelling at him?" Ree asked, disheartened.

"I got it too," Edward growled. "It's because we have bad grades.

"That'll teach you not to pay attention in class!"

"It's not my fault! I just don't get it! And Louis is mute, it's complicated to cast spells without incantations, what do you think?"

"I think your brother really needs help, but you're just too busy throwing paper balls at Izãdo."

The professor's daughter got up to join Louis and Anna, then took the mute boy with her to study in peace. Edward stood there, his eyes fixed on the wall to his right, rather than on Lili.

"Do you want to pass these classes?" the half-fairy asked. "I can't explain much to someone who isn't even looking at me."

The triplet sighed and sat down next to her, giving the prince a dark look before focusing on the lessons.

After two hours of desperate revision, Lili stretched.

"I give up," she announced. "You're not making any effort.

"I don't understand anything," Edward immediately replied. "It's because you explain it poorly!

"Ah! And it's my fault too?"

She calmed down when she noticed Edward's wide eyes, fixed on her arm. When she looked at it, she realized that her forearm had burst into flames with anger. In fear, she saw the flame grow a little bigger until a tanned hand came to grab hers, even if it meant getting burned.

"Calm down, Lili," Izãdo murmured, grimacing. "It's probably time for you to go to sleep. She'll give you lessons tomorrow, Edward."

"Izãdo, your hand!"

The flames had disappeared, but the prince's palm was severely marked by the fire. However, he remained calm, reminding Lili to go to bed before leaving the dormitories, heading to the infirmary.

"He annoys me," Edward muttered.

"Why?" Ree teased. "Because he can withstand the pain of a second-degree burn while you cry over a thorn in your finger? I saw you the other day."

The blond was about to reply, but thought better of it, choosing to go to the boys' dormitory instead.

"What a character!"

Ree turned to her sister of heart, hoping for a sign of approval, but she seemed deeply troubled. Ree had to spend a long time reassuring her that she had only lightly injured Izãdo, and that he didn't seem to be affected by it, but the only way was to take her to the infirmary so he could confirm it himself.

When she explained to the blond, he simply raised his bandaged hand.

"You see? It's nothing, Lili. The nurse's white magic is effective."

The half-fairy sighed with relief, hugging the prince and apologizing once again, before finally returning to the dormitories with Ree and finally sleeping.

~~~~~~~

However, Lili woke up much earlier than usual, to sit by the window and watch the sea. The monster was out there, somewhere. And if only the sea dragon could be there too.

As she was lost in her thoughts, a white hand came to cover her mouth. Surprised, Lili turned her head to see who was there, and it was Alonzo. As usual, with that mysterious smile, he raised his other hand, placing a finger in front of his lips as a sign of silence, then, still without a word, released the young witch's mouth and pointed his index finger forward, indicating the expanse of sparkling water in the gentle light of dawn.