-5-

"Monsieur Bubak!" exclaimed Lili with a smile.

The humanoid monster raised his head and returned the smile. It took just a simple gesture from his finger for the fabric to stretch, also wrapping around the koer's four legs to completely paralyze it.

Despite Kareth and Izãdo's warnings, Lili detached herself from the group to rush towards the bubak and wrap her arms around him.

"We would be lost without you!" She said.

"I have only just regained my senses," the bubak replied gently. "I sensed my own scent, which came from the cape I gave you, and also the scent of the koer. I knew you were in danger, Lili."

Risath Jite, the red-haired summoner with the octopus, asked in surprise, "Did you come specifically to protect her?"

"Yes and no," the bubak answered. "I wanted to warn someone from the school about what I saw."

"See what?" Lili wondered.

"Mages know very little about me, don't they? I am much more powerful than you can imagine, and I have the gift of clairvoyance, but unlike sirens, it is not on demand. It happens during the day, and often I have no memory of it when night falls.

"What did you see?" Lili asked.

"It's blurry, I vaguely remember..."

At that moment, the island shook violently, causing many to fall. 

"What was that?" Izãdo exclaimed.

"The monster," the bubak murmured. "My vision started like this. The sea monster is suffering from confinement. The barrier leaves it too little space to live. It will become more and more dangerous. I saw a lot of blood and ruins."

"We need to inform the headmistress!" Lili exclaimed.

Kareth suggested : "We should close the school and send the students home, but... the monster might attack the boat. We'll decide later."

As the students ran towards the castle, they headed straight for Headmistress Namarié's office. 

"It's urgent!" Zasissa Rire exclaimed. "A koer was about to attack us."

"We were saved by the bubak," Izãdo calmly explained. "He told us he had a vision about the sea monster. It's getting agitated because of the little space the barrier gives it."

Professor Mieret exclaimed : "But bubak are capable of having visions?"

"Yes," Izãdo replied. "He saw blood and ruins, but he doesn't remember the details of his vision."

"If we send the students home, the monster might attack the boat." remarked Pierre Oz, the study of stones teacher.

"I will ask the sirens to keep an eye on the monster. For now, return to your dormitories and don't panic your classmates." Assured the headmistress

The students nodded and left the office in silence to go back to their rooms. 

"The bubak seems to really like you," Khalil remarked on the way. 

"We talked a lot together last year," Lili admitted. "I consider him a friend."

"A friend who could devour you if you meet him during the day," Izãdo sarcastically pointed out.

"But I have no intention of meeting him during the day." 

The little dragon smiled and ended the conversation by bidding them farewell and entering the third-year dormitory.

Lili and the prince continued in silence until they reached the purple-colored dormitory. The half-fairy let her friend go to the boys' hall and entered the girls' hall.

"Oh look, the fatty is back."

Lili looked up, disappointed to see that Anna was awake, as were the other girls. Charity threw her pillow at the blonde's face.

"Why do you call her that?" the mermaid protested.

"When you start growing breasts at twelve, it can only be fat that's starting!"

"Your envy for curves is like a balloon," Ree retorted. "always inflating. Just the opposite as your own chest!"

All the others, except Anna, couldn't help but laugh.

"Why are you still awake?" Lili asked.

"For what reason do you think?" Anna replied sharply.

"It's because of these tremors," Victoria explained. "What was that?"

Lili bit her lip, then made them promise not to panic before explaining the situation.

"That means we won't be able to leave the school for Christmas," Charity remarked. "We'll all have to spend it here.

Oh no!" Anna exclaimed. "I refuse to spend Christmas with the other students!" 

The girls looked at her with disappointment. She didn't care at all about what was happening with the Bermuda monster, all that mattered to her was not mixing with the "common people," as she often said. It was tiresome and completely ridiculous.

Lili wasn't thinking about that. Professor Salvator had said that the only one who could protect them was the Leviathan. She was determined. To protect her friends, she had to find out where the sea dragon had disappeared.