-20-

Viktor examined Lili's injuries. They were still there, her scars would surely remain for life, but thanks to magic, they had closed up in just a few weeks, so Lili was back on her feet shortly after the New Year.

As he had promised, Alonzo reappeared several times to help Lili revise, and on New Year's Eve, he carried her into the grand hall so she could enjoy the party.

The nurse helped the little girl to stand up and take a few steps before letting her dress herself.

It was the director Ingrid Namarié, accompanied by her twin, who entered to fetch her and accompany her outside.

The Leviathan had regained its strength, but before diving back into the water, it had asked to see the young witch who had set it free.

Upon arriving in front of the imposing sea dragon, Lili suddenly felt very small, but the old reptilian figure offered her a reassuring smile.

"So, you're Lili Mause," he proclaimed gently, with a cavernous but conciliatory voice. "I've been told what happened last year. You are a resourceful little girl."

"T...thank you," Lili stammered.

"And to calm a Bubak like that... I've never seen that before, nor even heard that it was possible. Lili, you have an extraordinary gift. I'm not talking about your fairy genes, but about your ability to make anyone your friend. No one could hate someone like you, Lili Mause."

"Yet my father..."

"Professor Tant explained the situation to me. Your father is blinded by his hunter condition and the lies he has always been fed, but I'll be swallowed by a black magic monster again if, deep down, he doesn't love you tenderly, as a father should love his daughter."

The water serpent leaned over the half-fairy, blowing a gentle breeze with a marine scent, which immediately refreshed her.

"Continue to follow your heart, Lili Mause."

With these final words, the protector of the Bermuda Islands majestically plunged into his natural habitat.

"There is something else, Lili," the director said. "Come with me. Thank you, Doan, you can return to the library."

The non-wizard greeted them, while his twin led Lili to the dream decryption class, where Professor Perenelle Huan was, along with Areiti. The former mermaid threw herself into Lili's arms when she saw her.

"But you're wearing the purple uniform," Lili remarked.

"Your young friend expressed his desire to stay with us," explained the director. "In addition, the albino gave him legs, and we don't know how to give him back his fish tail. Even Professor Howler couldn't do it. There are potions that allow humans to become mermaids, but they are temporary."

"That's okay," Areiti interrupted. "I don't have a family anymore, and I want to stay close to Lili."

"I'm sure you have sympathy for her," Ingrid replied with a smile, "and since you already have some knowledge as a mermaid, you will enter the third year directly next year, but for now, you don't have a wand, so you'll just listen to the classes."

The triton nodded with a smile.

It was decided that Perenelle would be officially in charge of Lili's guardianship. Lili learned that she lived with Professor Pierre Oz, and that they had ten-year-old twins who would be attending the Bermuda school in September.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The alpha Hethael had came to the training manor as soon as he learned that the pregnancy had come to term in March.