Chapter 8

Sage Elizabeth McCoy

I hung up the call. Brian carried me all the way to the Starbucks like the good friend he is. He dropped me as soon as we got into the store.

"You're so heavy." He said, bending over and panting.

"Shut up you frickhead. You know you love it when I ride you." I said. I winked and walked up to the counter. I smiled at the girl behind the counter. She looked my age, maybe older.

"Hi. Can I have a Carmel fra-"

The girl interrupted me with an extremely high, ear piercing scream. "OH MY GOD!" She yelled.

Brian came up to me, covering his ears. He gave me a look as to ask 'what's her problem?'. I shrugged. The girl was just smiling at us with a really creepy, really huge smile.

"Excuse me?" I said. "Is there a prob-"

"YOU'RE NAT WOLFF!" She screamed, interrupting me again. She stood there, beaming at Brian.

Brian's whole face became red. "I-I..N-No I'm not-...My n-name is-" he flushed. I started laughing. By the next 30 seconds I was on the floor, Brian was still red and stuttering, and the girl was still squealing.

"Can I have your autograph?" She asked. She reached behind the counter and pulled out a book bag. She took out a sharpie and threw the whole book bag at Brian. "Please sign everything in the bag!"

"B-but I'm not-"

"He's not Nat Wolff." I said, annoyed. "He may look exactly like him but I can guarantee that he is not him. So please, stop your annoying squealing and stop shoving that book bag down his throat. Shut your mouth. Fix your face. Make my Carmel Frappuchino. And then take my friend Brian's order." I said.

The girl looked more annoyed than hurt. She glared at me and flipped me a finger that I wish I could break off. Brian just gave the girl a sheepish smile and scooted closer to me.

"What's your name?" The girl said with an obvious fake smile.

"Sage." I said nonchalantly.

Her eyes widened. "Sage? As in Sage McCoy? As in the girl who gave Jackson Whittman crabs?" She asked.

I felt the color drain from my face. I could feel the anger bubble inside of me. How many people had Jackson told about this? "Who told you about that?" I said through gritted teeth.

"It's all over my instagram feed." She said, smirking at me.

"You think this is funny?" I asked.

She laughed. "Yeah? So what? Are you going to hit me?" She laughed again and started picking at her nails.

I lunged over the counter. Right before I could grab the platinum blonde extensions on the skanky bimbo Brian pulled me back. "Let me go." I said, struggling against Brian's grip. Brian dragged me all the way out of the store.

He dragged me all the way to the fountain.

"What were you thinking!" He yelled as soon as he sat me down. I winced at his tone. He used it every time he was really disappointed in me.

"What do you mean what was I thinking? Do you know how tired I am of people thinking I have Jackson crabs? Do you know how bad I want to tell everyone the truth, but I know that no one will believe me?" I said. I was crying now.

"No Sage. I don't know how any of those things feel. But what I do know is this. You can't be mad at the whole world. This is no one but Jackson's fault. You can't attack everyone who brings it up. It isn't their fault that they believe the lie. Attacking people just makes you seem as crazy as Jackson is making you out to be. What did I tell you when all of this first happened?"