[...2...]

____________________

{ PECULIAR. }

[...2...]

Last time on SEISHIN...

As I munched on some shrimp, I saw the pink-haired guy from earlier and stared at him peculiarly. 'Does that guy have antenna and green glasses? Is this a new fashion or something?' I thought. Seriously, how many times in your day do you pass by a guy wearing antennae on his or her head??

Well...At least it's not something weird like wires...

...

I have now been introduced to some men.

A very hyperactive red-haired man named Hairo persisted for me to meet some boys in the class. He introduced me to Nendo, his 'rival', who looked like an idiot and a punk. Seriously, Japan has such weird people...

The I met Kaidou, a boy with sky-blue hair and orange bandages wrapped round his arms. He told me about some Dark Reunion, and how I was the supposed 'secret agent' working for them. He said that when he'd seen my face, he'd recognized me as the princess of some whatchamacaillit kingdom and he was my protector. By the time he was done, I'd zoned out so completely that I almost lost my balance. Fortunately, I was leaning on the wall.

Then Kaidou, in turn, introduced me to a few more people. I couldn't talk much, just nod or shake my head. At last, I was introduced to the antennae pink-haired boy I'd seen earlier in the cafeteria. Kaidou told me his name was Saiki Kusuo. I could tell he's an introvert like me, and probably didn't appreciate the company of me, nor wanted to associate with me. This was probably the last thought he was having right now.

When Kaidou left us, neither of us spoke. We just stared at each other with mismatched eyes in similar bored expressions. I guessed he'd sensed the tension was getting awkward, so he started talking.

'So, you're a foreign student?' He said.

I nodded.

Before realizing...this guy spoke in my bloody head.

He didn't even move his lips; just a simple telepathic transmission. Without panicking, I slightly bowed, mumbled 'Sayonara (Bye)' , and walked away without incident. Narrow escape too, since thw purple haired pervert I'd seen earlier almost ambushed me.

"Note to self: Stay away from a purple haired guy with a headband." I whispered to myself. I made a quick beeline for the nearest girls' restroom, went into a stall and made sure to lock it. I then had a very quick 5-second contemplation of what I'd just witnessed, planning a course of action.

'All my life...I thought I was the only psychic. Now coincidentally, I find another one with similar powers to mine right in my new school. How ironic. I''ll have to ask him about that later...first need to confirm my suspicions...it'd make sense about his antenna-looking pins...probably could be some controllers...Ok, my aim: try make him reveal his abilities to me before he figures out about me."

I walked out of the stall, flushing the toilet behind me. Then I made a decision, before fishing something out from my pocket.

It was a tiny box, easily fitting the palm of my hand. I opened it to reveal the small circular earrings. They were a smaller version of the current earrings I was wearing, giving me more lease for telepathy and mind-reading. There wasn't much size difference, so no one would notice I switched earrings.

I quickly switched the earrings in front of the restroom mirror, before coming out of there. I made it back to class without incident.

However, the slight murmur of several thoughts at once hindered my focus in the class. This was the one of the problems I had with wearing such earrings. Where my radius with my previous earrings was zero, it had now levelled up to 100 meters. Shutting those voices out was no simple task.

However, I eventually was able to do it.

Now came a simpler task...going home.

School had ended with no other incidents, and so I was walking home alone. I made my way through the streets of the city, eventually reaching the door of a ten-storey building. Using the stairs, I walked till I reached the sixth floor. At the third door in the hallway, I fished out my keys from my school bag's pocket, and unlocked the door to my apartment.

It was pretty bland. I hadn't unpacked anything yet, so half of the room was filled with cardboard boxes. On the other side of the room was my bed, untouched by no one.

I'd actually moved in last night. The boxes and bed reached yesterday, but my plane had got me to my destination last night. I have currently been awake for 28 hours now. I was ready to fall asleep any moment. However, it was imperative to unpack before rest. It would've been a nightmare for exhausted people, but for me it was just another chore I needed to do.

With a flick of my hand, all my belongings were unpacked from the bubble wrapping and cardboard, so now all that was necessary was arrangements. That wasn't very hard, since there was only one room in the apartment. The chore had easily been completed in two minutes. I disposed of all the boxes by teleporting them into the garbage truck that'd just came in near the garbage disposal.

Psychokinesis and telekinesis are very efficient abilities to have.

Anyway, after simple chores, I proceeded to change into more sensible clothing for rest. I changed into a black cotton t-shirt and black pyjamas. I drew the curtains, locked all doors, washed my face, and got knocked out as soon as my head hit my pillow on the bed at four in the evening.

{Finally, some rest...}

...

Saiki was now utterly intrigued with the new student.

The raven haired girl had politely respected the silence he needed and ushered herself out of his personal space without causing a commotion. She'd acted weird when Saiki had spoken, but otherwise, she acted in a much more respectful manner than his 'friends'.

'The girl simply must have turned out more normal than I'd thought...and more polite...foreign people are different after all...' thought Saiki. No one had ever respected his silence-- not even the author-- and everyone in his entire life had made sure that he had a disastrous one.

So it was quite surprising when the girl hadn't spoken a word when she saw him, had a completely silent mind, bowed and rushed somewhere else. Truly strange.

One question arises inside him. Why? And for whatever reason, why now?

Saiki knew she wasn't normal. For some reason, the girl's mind was as silent as a rock, as if he couldn't hear her thoughts. As if...she were Nendou. And he knew that the girl wasn't a total idiot either. He'd noticed how she'd barely paid attention the classes going on in the school. However, when she was asked to answer a question, she'd get up, write her answer on the class board, and go back to her seat and continue passing time. It was as if she'd already known everything that was being taught in the class.

Either that, or she was just lazy. 'Yes, that's much more likely...' thought Saiki as he ate his dinner. 'There's no way she could be that smart...

{...right?'}

_______________