[...4...]

____________________

{ CAFÉ. }

[...4...]

It's a normal day. I'd decided to give my surroundings more attention after the ice rink. According to my classmates, the area I reside in is a very lively one. I could get myself occupied easily.

I'm coming back from my peculiarly normal school when I notice a café on my way.

Just the thing I need.

I may have never mentioned this, but I have a craving for a specific food item. It's one of my favorite things to eat, and I easily become joyful when having it. Its rich flavor, delicious, creamy, and extravagant, makes my mouth water with pleasure.

It's... chocolate .

I do not care for what the food item is. Chocolate, cake, ice cream, butter, cream, coffee, tea, toffee, basically any dessert with a chocolate flavor. If it has chocolate , I'll love it. And no matter if it's dark or white chocolate. I like those flavors too. But I still feel milk chocolate is more supreme than both.

So it was only typical of my curiosity to see the condition of the tiny café and see if it was worthwhile my time. I haven't tried chocolate in Japan before. I expect it to be similar to my standards, like a normal country.

I walked into the 'Café Mami' (strange name) and was greeted by the aroma of coffee and cinnamon. There were a few dining areas and the café had an overall quaint look. It seemed pretty ordinary, like any other café I've been to.

I scanned the café for anyone. In my vision, I could only see a customer seated at the other end of the café, and a girl, probably the waitress.

After having a short chat with the customer, she came to my table. To her dismay, Mera Chisato recognized me as the new foreign transfer student. I, however, was far more than surprised to see her working a part-time job. I'd read her elaborate sad past and present of how she needs to work to feed her siblings, go to school, and buy necessary items. Ironic, since I know what it's like to be in her shoes.

"Seishin?! What are you doing here?!" Mera Chisato exclaimed. I flinched at her sudden volume and used the sudden adrenaline to quickly take out a notebook, open a page, and write a message.

I can transmit my message to her through my mind, but I do not want to risk the discovery of my far-than-ordinary ESP powers. It would be strange for people to hear my voice echo in their heads, even without my mouth moving. I'm no ventriloquist, and I'd rather prefer it if people didn't think so. This incident happened once in sixth grade, and it ended with the principal calling my parents about my so-called 'talent'.

This is also one of the reasons I'm intrigued By Saiki Kusuo, a boy in my class with hot-pink hair and strange antennae. I wonder how his peers hadn't noticed his voice echoing in their heads, nor didn't notice how his lips never moved.

I wrote, " I am here as a customer, Chisato-san. What are YOU doing here? "

Mera sighed. "This is one of my part-time jobs. I have sib-"

" Nevermind . I just asked to see if you would reply honestly, " I interrupted her with my message. " Now, please show me the menu?"

Mera sighed again in relief. "Sure, here's the menu! Order whatever you like!"

I simply opened the menu, checked the desserts page, and closed it in a record time of two seconds. I nodded to signal I was done.

"Eh? Already?!" Mera exclaimed in surprise. I nodded again. I opened to menu again and pointed at the 'chocolate cake' option. I raised two fingers.

"You want two cakes??" She asked. I shook my head and showed her two fingers again. "Oh, you want two slices?" I nodded in the affirmative.

"Also, the customer you were talking to is a student of our school. I won't tell a soul, but I cannot guarantee you for him." I said and pointed at the customer at the back of the café. I'd noticed the green men's uniform easily.

"You mean Saiki?" Mera questioned. "No, he's a good friend! He's a regular at this café, so he's known about my job for quite a while. Not many people come here, and they prefer the silence over the loud food courts. He's one of them. He's a very good friend of mine! Saiki's even shared his food with me sometimes!" Mera squealed. "Alright, enough talk about him right now; two slices of chocolate cake coming up!"

Mera left, leaving me alone yet engrossed with this new information. Just who is this 'Saiki ' that makes him so famous among friends and foes without much hindrance? This boy seems to be in the center of many friend groups yet has not once been caught using his abilities. How? Did he erase their minds? Does he have such less integrity to give amnesia to his allies and obtain no guilt from his actions? No wonder he seems lonely.

I get the difference between being lonely and being alone. When alone, it means you are currently having no people around you, or being on your own. Lonely means when you have n one that understands you at a very personal level. I am lonely; Saya is the only one who knows me best but she's dead. I have no friends. Saiki may be surrounded by abnormal people, but he must've never met someone of his type if he were so somber.

This is just a simple analysis of guesses judged from his overall behavior and personality. And from the fact he never speaks to anyone with his real voice.

It's almost as if he's... insecure .

I'm no one to judge him though. After all, I'm just like him. But very different.

Time passes, and Mera finally comes back with my slices of chocolate cake. I eat one slice of cake with a small spoon and take my time to savour the sweet, creamy taste; before offering the second slice to Mera. She was drooling on the table anyway; I did both of us a large favor.

I then pay and leave the café. I walked to my apartment without further incident. I closed the door, changed my clothing to a t-shirt and shorts, and sat on my bed to complete my homework.

By the time I was done, the sun had begun to set. I really had nothing else to do, so I reviewed my lessons and learned a few of them. By 10:00 pm, I was ready to go to bed.

"Saiki Kusuo. I know you need no more company, so I'll watch you from afar. You leave me no choice; drawing me with your personality appeals to my intellect. It's only fair if I respond to it." I sigh out in English as Saya switches off the lights. "Don't worry; you'll wish you knew me before after meeting me."

"SLEEP, MUON!" Saya spoke in an amplified voice. "YOU HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW!"

"NO NEED TO USE THE VOICE THAT LOUD, SAYA. I'M TAKING REST." I spoke back in my normal voice, making sure to emphasize every word I said.

{Let's see who'll reveal their identities first...the game has begun. }

______________