[...3...]

____________________

{ SPIRITS. }

[...3...]

Last time on SEISHIN...

Either that, or she was just lazy. 'Yes, that's much more likely...' thought Saiki as he ate his dinner. 'There's no way she could be that smart...

...right?'

...

Hi again. This is getting old already.

It's me, your favorite British transfer-student, Muon Seishin. Let's pick up from where we left off, eh?

So as you know, I fell asleep after doing those chores. Here's what happened after that.

When I woke up, it was pitch black. In the room, and outside. I hadn't switched on the lights earlier, leaving me spooked in the nothingness. I'd directly woken at night than evening. My mistake.

I must've been that tired then.

So here I was, scrambling in the darkness when a voice said, "Let me help you with that."

The light came, and with it came a startling brightness that temporarily blinded me for a second. I blinked a few times to get the black spots dancing round my eyes to fade and glared at the figure near the lights. "I was going to ask you anyway, Saya."

I have talked about Saya, right? Allow me to reintroduce her.

I'm not a natural-born psychic. Saya was a so-called 'witch' more than 1000 years ago who'd possessed psychic powers. When the villagers tried burning her, only her spirit stayed intact while her body crumbled to ashes. Her psychic powers had protected her, but they also doomed her for roaming the Earth for all eternity. That is, until I came along.

Long story short, I now have her powers. I won't explain the first chapter again.

Over the years, Saya had become my one and only friend. Partly because she could relate with being an outcast, and because I had half her powers. She was the only one I could confine in, as I knew she didn't haveany ghostly friends who she could share secrets with. After all, I was the only one who could see her.

Don't confuse ghosts and spirits with each other. They're NOT the same. Ghosts are simple apparations of the dead. They do not remember nor wish to remember their past. They have the capability to hold simple conversations, but they do not have memories. They may get attached by a certain object if they had fond memories of it in the past, but it wouldn't trigger their memory loss. They can be used at will and exist almost everywhere.

Spirits, however, are different. They are spectral, like ghosts; but they contain a person's characters, feelings and memories in a semi-transparent body of themselves. They are an embodiment of a person's emotions when they survive.

Now recall that Saya purposefully turned herself into a spirit while the villagers burned her actual body. Therefore, she got stuck as an astral projection. This means she has all the characteristics of a spirit, total recall of her 1000 years on Earth and psychic powers to top it all off. She'd probably been playing endless pranks on people in the world 24/7 to entertain her endless eternity of damnation.

No one else can see her because she is neither ghost nor human. That has made her an outcast for literally her entire lifetime.

So yes, I relate with her too.

Saya's appearance is quite peculiar for a girl in her sixteens. She has long white braided hair that came till her chest, large pink eyes that had a dullness and shine at the same time, and a small pale face. Her clothing was something an 1800's child would've worn; a white billowed frock with a bowl-like shape and layers, a dark brown vest, puffed-up sleeves and black boots. If anything, she looked like a very young granny with white hair than a witch.