[...5...]

____________________

{ MARATHON }

[...5...]

Last time on SEISHIN...

"Saiki Kusuo. I know you need no more company, so I'll watch you from afar. You leave me no choice; drawing me with your personality appeals to my intellect. It's only fair if I respond to it." I sigh out in English."Don't worry; you'll wish you knew me before after meeting me."

"Let's see who'll reveal their identities first...the game has begun."

...

It's been three weeks since I've been in this school.

I admit, the few friends Kaidou introduced me to are ...amusing. They all are somehow connected to that Saiki boy in many things. Saiki consoles Kaidou for his 'fantasy', Nendou is...Nendou, Kuboyasu has made friends with him since he was a former delinquent and finds that Saiki can increase his social status, Teruhashi has a crush on Saiki, Chiyo has a slight crush on him, and Hairo has involved him in a few sports, which were probably dominated by the pink-haired by due to his powers. Hairo, being competitive, must have misinterpreted him as a potential rival.

I find it laughable that Saiki attracts people weird like him and hates it, even though half of his friend group has found consolation in him through his powers. I easily found proof of his psychic powers since I'm immune to almost all of them. Like when I'd once found him teleporting to his home, going invisible to escape his pestering friends, and him in art class using his powers to draw Teruhashi's face, but failing miserably since all his attempts looked too realistic.

Kay, they all were very obvious giveaways; I don't know how this boy's so careless yet always seems to get away from using his ESP.

When Saiki speaks to me, he always tries to use telepathy to hear my thoughts. I send out fake ones to replace my real ones beyond his range, so he doesn't become suspicious of my silent mind. I do this as I've tested this hypothesis already. I was unable to read Saiki's mind, even when I removed my limiters.

Therefore, It is only natural that he would be unable to hear mine too. Saya, my ghostly friend, sends the fake thoughts out for me since half her soul is embedded in me. I can do the real thinking, while Saiki is fooled by my make-believe thinking.

I have no guilt for my doings; it is his doing to be so independent on his ESP and being so reckless. If anything, he deserves such treatment. A small price to pay for my privacy.

Anyway, today we have gym tests. Fitness exams test the capabilities of our human bodies. The boys had theirs first yesterday, ending in a long marathon. We girls have ours today. I am not nervous. After all, why should I be? I do not care about my results or my fitness. I am aware of my flexibility since I ice-skate every day in the morning and evening. Ice skating is no easy task for the old and feeble. Actual skill and control over the body are required to perform complex tricks like pirouettes and turns in the air.

First, the girls' heights were measured. My height comes as 5'4'. Taller than average, but some girls are significantly taller and my mother's genes aid in such.

After that, long jumps. I jumped two meters without my powers.

Then pushups, I counted to 100 with ease.

Then short 100-meter sprints and I passed in four and .21 seconds.

More tests passed.

At last came the infamous Marathon. When I'd previously peeked into the boy's minds, I'd seen that the marathon was fairly long and was a stamina test more than speed. Saiki Kusuo came nearly to an exact position between the many boys, but due to a slip-up from his side he'd somehow miscalculated and messed up; I don't know all the details.