Two: Store

As the strange scenes played out on the TV, a sense of weariness settled over me. The soothing glow of the screen combined with the rhythmic sounds began to lull me into a state of drowsiness. My eyes grew heavy, and I leaned against Pierce's hand, nearly succumbing to the call of sleep.

However, just as I was about to drift off, a realization jolted me awake. I glanced down at my attire and noticed that my clothes were still stained and dirty from earlier. An indignant frown creased my face.

"I cannot possibly sleep in these dirty clothes," I muttered to myself, resisting the urge to yawn. However, the lack of alternative attire left me in a dilemma, torn between my disdain for dirt and the practicality of the situation.

Feeling a sudden surge of determination, I shifted on Pierce's hand, attempting to nudge him awake. With a mix of reluctance and urgency, I pushed and shoved his fingers in a rocking motion, hoping to rouse him from his peaceful slumber.

"Wake up! I need to change out of these dirty clothes," I insisted, my royal demeanor momentarily giving way to practical concerns.

As I persistently rocked Pierce's fingers, he stirred in his sleep, a faint murmur escaping his lips. The giant's form shifted on the couch, indicating that my efforts were gradually making an impact on his slumber.

Pierce's eyes fluttered slightly as my persistent rocking began to penetrate his dreams. He let out a soft, unintelligible murmur, indicating that the giant was slowly awakening from his deep sleep.

"Hmmm?" Pierce mumbled in a dazed manner, clearly struggling to fully wake up. His attempt to respond was met with a brief moment of consciousness, and then he closed his eyes again.

"Ugh, commoner, how am I supposed to sleep in these filthy clothes?" I grumbled, my impatience growing as I continued my efforts to fully rouse him from his slumber.

Pierce, still half-dreaming, mumbled with a hint of frustration, "Can't you just wait? I was having a good dream..." His words were tinged with a mix of sleepiness and annoyance.

I huffed in response, my frustration evident. "Dreams or not, I refuse to sleep in these dirty clothes. Now, wake up and help me find something clean to wear. I won't tolerate this commoner nonsense any longer."

Ignoring my frustrated requests, he slowly moved his hand from under me, allowing me to stand on the couch on my own. Without a word, he rolled over, seemingly deciding to return to his interrupted slumber.

Worry began to creep into my thoughts as Pierce continued to slumber, seemingly undisturbed by my calls for attention. "Pierce," I called out, my voice betraying a hint of concern.

A moment of silence hung in the air after my initial call for Pierce. As the stillness persisted, my worry deepened. "Pierce?" I called out again, a touch of urgency in my voice.

"P-please, Pierce," I hesitated, the word 'sorry' feeling unfamiliar and uncomfortable on my lips. After a moment of internal struggle, I managed to add, "I... I'm sorry. Just wake up." The vulnerability in my voice betrayed a rare moment of humility.