Six: Movie Night

As I slowly stirred from my slumber, my senses gradually coming back to me, I realized that I was no longer beneath the cherry tree with Pierce. Instead, I found myself in a completely unfamiliar room, lying on a bed.

Confusion and a hint of worry crept over me as I surveyed my surroundings. The room appeared to be cozy, with soft lighting casting a warm glow across the space. There were a few pieces of furniture, a dresser, a bedside table, but no sign of Pierce anywhere.

Sitting up slowly, I took in my surroundings, trying to piece together how I ended up here and where Pierce might be. The unfamiliarity of my surroundings only added to my unease, and I couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty that lingered in the air.

As I sat on the bed, trying to make sense of my surroundings, my ears caught a faint sound coming from beyond the closed door. It was muffled at first, barely audible, but as I strained to listen, the sound became clearer.

Just as I focused on the sound beyond the door, it abruptly swung open, startled by the abrupt opening of the door, I couldn't help but let out a little noise of surprise, jumping back slightly.

My cheeks flushed as I realized it was Pierce standing in the doorway, holding a bowl in his hand. The embarrassment deepened as I realized my reaction had been unnecessary.

"Pierce!" I exclaimed, my voice tinged with a mixture of relief and embarrassment. "You startled me."

Pierce chuckled softly, a warm smile playing on his lips. "Sorry bout that," he apologized, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. "I ain't mean to startle you."

Feeling a mix of relief and curiosity, I looked up at Pierce, eager to understand the situation. "What happened? Where are we?"

He continued by saying "We fell asleep under the cherry tree, so when I woke up, and you were still asleep, I decided to bring you back here to rest."

I blinked, processing his words as I glanced around the room once more. "But where are we?" I pressed, still feeling disoriented by the sudden change in surroundings.

Pierce chuckled softly, setting the bowl down on the bedside table before taking a seat beside me. "We're at my place," he explained, "I guess you haven't been in my room yet."

Feeling a bit sheepish, I shifted slightly, glancing over at him. "Thanks for bringing me here," I said softly.

Pierce nodded, his smile widening. "Anytime," he replied, his tone gentle.

Pierce sat up, his eyes lighting up with enthusiasm. "Hey, how about we watch a movie?" he suggested, his tone filled with excitement.

The idea of watching a movie sounded appealing, offering a chance to relax and unwind after the day's unexpected events. I nodded, a small smile forming on my lips. "That sounds nice," I agreed, feeling a sense of comfort in the familiar activity.

Pierce reached over me, retrieving a small device from the bedside table. With careful movements, he placed it in front of us, its screen illuminated with soft light.

"What's that?" I asked, tilting my head slightly as I examined the device.

Pierce smiled, realizing my unfamiliarity with the object. "It's my laptop," he explained, opening it up to reveal the screen. "Think of it as a little TV, but it can do a lot more."

I blinked, unfamiliar with the term "laptop," but I didn't dwell on it. Instead, I simply nodded, accepting his explanation with a shrug. "Oh, okay," I replied, deciding to chalk it up to just being another commoner thing that I didn't quite understand.

With the laptop in place, Pierce glanced at me with a grin. "Alright, let's find something good to watch," he said, opening the laptop and navigating to his movie collection.