five. the tell

five. the tell

Aster observed as the forensics specialists gave their final analysis of the murder scene before beginning to remove the dead body from the floor

Aster observed as the forensics specialists gave their final analysis of the murder scene before beginning to remove the dead body from the floor. He glanced away as they zipped the body bag closed and placed it on the gurney. After making sure the body was secured, they began to roll it out of the video store. The deputy followed them out when he noticed the large mob of people that developed behind the police tape, blocking off anyone from being able to enter the scene.

As soon as they departed the store, all hell broke loose. Stiles announcing the dead body caused outbursts and loud mutters to spread, causing more chaos to break out. Aster made his way over to the Sheriff as he was trying to clear the way for the specialists to put the body in the back of the ambulance.

Aster let out a breath of relief as he entered his apartment. He finally entered his safe haven and wasn't planning on leaving it for any reason. However, he soon found himself regretting his decision when he saw a familiar man awaiting his arrival.

"Okay, how do you keep breaking into my apartment?" Aster asked. The door slammed shut behind him as he looked at the shirtless Derek who stood in his living room. When he noticed how distressed the man was, his expression softened into worry. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"The Argents didn't kill Laura," Derek let out. Despite the numb way he spoke, Aster could tell he was genuinely hurt by the revelation. The deputy dropped his bag and keys on the floor and made his way over to the Hale man. He wrapped his arms around Derek's body in a consoling manner. Soon after, Derek began to release all of the tears that were hidden for so long. The werewolf's arms wrapped around Aster's waist, pulling his warm body closer to his. "I-I wanted it to be them... so bad. I needed it to be them. But it wasn't them. I-It was the alpha... he killed her."

"I know, I know," Aster said while rubbing Derek's the bare skin of Derek's back. He pulled away from the hug just enough to be able to see Derek's face. "It's okay. We'll find out who the alpha is and stop him. Okay?"

Derek's eyes flickered over every inch of Aster's face. Taking in and admiring every detail and attribute. When his eyes met Aster's glistening ones, he licked his lips. "Aster..."

"Just shut up," Aster quickly let out before leaning forward and connecting their lips. Derek didn't hesitate to kiss back. He had waited too long for this to think twice about it. Aster removed his hands from their place around Derek's neck to peel his jacket from his shoulders.

"Are you sure?" Derek questioned, already knowing what this would lead to. What it has led to in the past. And he was ready for it, both of them were.

"Hell yeah," Aster announced with a smile before reattaching their lips together.