seven. lunatic

seven. lunatic

Aster sat perched at the edge of his bed, his head cradled in his hands, fingers intertwining in a tight grip

Aster sat perched at the edge of his bed, his head cradled in his hands, fingers intertwining in a tight grip. His foot tapped uneasily on the floor, a nervous rhythm to match the racing thoughts in his mind. Every word Scott had spoken replayed in his head, the rush of fear and adrenaline from the ordeal at the high school still vivid in his memory. The image of being chased by the alpha alongside Stiles and other classmates was etched into his mind, lingering like a haunting specter.

And Derek...

Aster's eyes teared up at the thought. Derek was gone again and this time had a slim chance of returning. A body was not found but from Scott's story, he had been killed by the alpha, who had supposedly been Scott's boss at the vet clinic, when he ran his claws through his chest.

But there had been other thoughts. Derek was an asshole, a stubborn one at that, there had to have been a possibility that he survived. His body was not found, so it's possible he's not dead. But in the same instance, his body could have been hid by the alpha. Too many possibilities. Aster stood up from his seat and took deep and soothing breaths to clear his mind. He rubbed the palms of his hand to rid him of his thoughts.

Aster had been unwillingly appointed the duty of monitoring the perimeter of the school to ensure that Derek, who had been accused of being a serial killer by his own brother, did not appear. "It's gonna be one boring day..." Aster let out. His eyes fell on Chopper in the passenger seat. His hand reached out and rubbed his fur. "Isn't that right, Chop?"

Chopper let out a small whine as his brown eyes fell on the trees surrounding the school. He moved his paws against the seat restlessly, causing Aster to gain a sense of slight worry. "You see something, boy?" The deputy asked as his eyes followed Chopper's line of sight, his sight scanned the trees. He leaned forward to get a better view of the land. That was when he saw it. A person standing in the trees watching him. His clothing was dark but his fair complexion balanced it out. "Derek?"

Aster quickly removed his seatbelt from around his body and got out of the car. Chopper followed him out of the driver's side before he closed the door. After a deep and encouraging breath, Aster and Chopper headed into the woods.

There was an eerie presence among the trees. Aster could feel eyes on him but he could not sense what direction they came. His eyes scanned anything in front, behind, or on either side of him. Nothing. He would usually be glad he had found nothing. But this time he wanted to. He needed to find Derek.

"A bit further and then we're turning back," Aster spoke to the German Shepard, who looked up at him with his brown eyes. "This is creepy as shit..."

And he did as he said. After a few more minutes of heading forward and finding nothing, Aster and Chopper returned to the front of the school. A disappointed sentiment filled Aster as he came to the driver's side door. Chopper, after noticing such, rubbed his head against the tan pants that covered the deputy's leg. A whine escaped the German Shepard as he comforted the McCall man. Aster let out a small chuckle as he petted Chopper before opening the door, allowing the K-9 unit to enter, and then entering his patrol car. His mind still wandering back to Derek, his fear of losing him after just gaining him back would drive him insane.