11 | Close Proximity

The layout of the packhouse had two wings. Both of them were not interconnected for security reasons. Each wing was designed to accommodate sixteen big bedrooms on each floor till the second floor, whereas the basement and the top floor had six bedrooms. The top floor bedrooms were either master bedrooms or guest rooms for any higher-ranked wolves visiting from other packs. It also had a conference room. Apart from these, the house had kitchens, a lounge, a gaming area, bathrooms, a dining hall and a garden at the back.

Phineas' room was on the ground floor. As soon as he was inside the assigned room, Phineas dropped his luggage he picked up on his way and dialed Achilles. The boy was always on his phone.

"Ello! I knew you would miss me the most."

Phineas chuckled and greeted him back. "You know me, don't you?"

"I mean, yeah..."

"Since you already figured out that I miss you and could not live without you, pack your bags and get your seer self here."

An excited yell came through the other side, making Phineas smile. "See you, Achilles."

He texted his remaining brothers to pack their bags and get to the pack house too. Happiness filled him, overwhelming him. Once he calmed down, he checked out his room. It was similar to a hotel room. The door to enter the room opened into a narrow hallway. To the left was the bathroom and to the right were the wardrobes. A king-size bed was placed against the wall on the left once you cross the hallway. The place was fully furnished with a sofa cum bed, bedside tables, a center table and single sofa chairs. It was big enough to fit all of them, albeit uncomfortably. It would be a tight fit, but he decided they could manage.

Having a lot of time to spare, he unpacked his bag and began sorting his clothes, placing them in one of the wardrobes one by one. When he looked at his phone, only an hour had passed. He sighed. I guess I did not bring as many clothes as I thought. Tired, he settled on taking a nap.

As he was on the verge of falling asleep, a bang at his door jolted him into getting straight up. "Who is it?" He yelled in askance.

"Open the door, Phineas."

"Wilder?" He whispered to himself before sprinting to open the door. His eyes lit up at the sight of his older brother and he hugged him, squeezing him tight.

Wilder groaned but returned the hug. "I ironed this shirt this morning, Pipsqueak."

"Stop calling him that," Phoenix ordered, angrily from behind Wilder.

Phineas let Wilder go and let his other brothers in, giving each a hug. One would think they have not met in years when it was only a few hours.

"Wait! How are you guys here so quickly? I do not believe for a second that Aspen took only an hour to pack his books."

Aspen blushed at his brother's words, whispering "Guilty" and raising his hand.

When Phineas turned to his Enix and Achilles for answers, they both looked away, pretending to be interested in the room's interior. Wilder was the last man standing. When he felt a stare at him, he rolled his eyes and answered but not before calling Enix and Achilles cowards. "After you left in the morning, we all sat together and tried to come up with a plan to bring you back. We could not find a way. Then we thought we could not get you back home without causing trouble for you, but we can certainly get you away from there. So we began packing our bags and were doing so when you called Achilles."

Phineas was astonished at what he was hearing. "You thought you would help me run away?"

"Not run away. We would have left in the glare of the sun. In the afternoon."

"Let me repeat that once. You and I would walk away before the Alpha's eyes and he would let us?"

"Exactly. Because he cannot stop us from going to our family cabin outside his territory."

"You got your brains from me."

"I am the older one, dear delusional Phineas."

Phineas waved away the insult and moved aside for the brothers to enter their new room. Each of them scanned the room, nodding their heads and sometimes shaking them. In the middle of unpacking and a lot of fighting, they heard loud chattering from outside. Dropping everything, all except Phineas moved to the door, opened it and stepped outside. Many pack members were carrying suitcases as they stood in the large foyer, asking Carson something before moving on.

"What is going on?" Aspen pondered audibly.

"Let us see." Wilder tapped one of the members passing him on the shoulder to gain her attention. "What is happening here?"

"We received invites to move into the pack house." She lowered her voice before continuing - "It was an order if I speak honestly."

"Phoenix! Come here," Carson hollered from the other side of the room as Wilder went to enquire more. Reluctantly, Phoenix went to the pack delta and raised an eyebrow. He had no intention of speaking with the man if he didn't have to. "The rooms allotted to your family are twenty-one and zero-four."

"We also have 13."

"Yes, that was allotted earlier today. For unmated wolves, two people per room are what we have decided on." Carson could make out confusion on his fellow pack member's face, so he clarified further. "Whichever room will have only one occupant in it, we will shift someone else in there. And Wilder will not be the one living alone, understood?"

Phoenix gritted his teeth and nodded. He stormed back to his brothers and repeated Carson's words. Wilder scoffed, making a face before going back to arranging his clothes. "So Wilder is not going anywhere from this room as we can see," Phineas announced sarcastically. "And I cannot share a room with him for obvious reasons. Stop scoffing, Wilder! It's annoying," Enix said, further proving his point. "Phineas cannot be here too or he will worry himself to death within a week if our older brother so much as sneezes."

Phineas looked highly offended, but the coloring in his cheeks was speaking volumes. Enix stared at Achilles and Aspen with meaning. The former jumped over the opened suitcase in the way ignoring Wilder's yelling and clutched Enix around the waist.

Aspen shrugged his shoulder, saying - "I will live with Wilder. He does not disturb my reading time. Thank you, Achilles."

Phineas chuckled at the facial expressions of Enix and Achilles. There was never a day without drama with his brothers, but he would not give that up for the world.

After much deliberation and lots of begging from a lazy Achilles, it was decided that Phineas would take the room on the first floor while Exix and Achilles would stay on the ground floor. With a tired sigh, Phineas gathered his clothes from the wardrobe and stuffed them in the suitcase. His brother stared at him, trying to control their laughter. When Phineas flipped them off, they cracked up eventually.

"See you at dinner," he said and left for his new room.

»--•--«

Word Count: 1184

Hey, flufballs! Please expect an update every week from now on. Let me know what you think of this chapter.

Meanwhile, please vote and comment on this book. Add it to your reading lists and read my other werewolf book "Danger & Daffodils" as it is getting updated regularly.

~ Appy