6. ONLY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO

Kritika

I went to the kitchen to help mom to serve the food while aarav and dad just gawked at us plating everything on the dining table.

Once we started to have our food, a few topics were discussed that were already not in my interest but aarav has chose to just irritate me so much today.

"Mom dad i think we should tell her" Aarav said with a smirk but a serious expression on his face.

"Is there anything else that is going to shock me now?" I said with a smug face.

"Uhm we have a trip next week" Dad said.

Okay what is this
Is everything going to happen without me knowing anything??.

This is really really weird.

"But where?"
"To Mumbai!!!" Aarav said as he shoved another bite into his mouth. Stupid.

"And for what dad? Like we have visited Mumbai quite a few times and this time i don't think there is any specific reason."

"Betaa see, the Singhania's have invited us."
"Who Singhania's?"

"AHAAN SINGHANIA" Dad said with a straight face.

"Who ahaan? Why to make a fuss about it just tell me everything right now. I don't like this suspense and it is of no use so just tell me what's going on"

"The guy whom you are getting married to" Aarav said and I choked on my food.

A few seconds after i drank water, i came back to senses to say something properly.

"Aarav can you please stop saying weird things like this. Dad please tell me everything that is going on"

"See kritika, to know each other and to spend quality time together Rahul and Rajvee Singhania, parents of Ahaan Singhania have invited us. Ahaan is the guy we chose for you. It would be a great step forward to think about future so what do you say? We will only go if you're ready and please keep in mind that you will have a lot of time"

Okay now we are just going to stay with the family.
Am I in a dream or what.
There is so much happening and I can't even register anything.

"So you are not forcing me right? What if I stay there and I don't want to marry whoever the guy is then you won't force me right?"

"Not at all my child, everything will go according to you" mom said and aarav just frowned

"Good so it's okay, I can stay in Mumbai with the Singhania family."

"Thank you so much kritika for understanding so much"
Mom said putting her hand on my shoulder.

----✿✿✿----

Ahaan

In an hour I did all my necessary preparations to leave for my meeting at 12. So I still had 3 hours before I can leave.
What should I do now

I went to the kitchen and took out some eggs and vegetables from the fridge.

Omelette is the best instant breakfast one can have.

I took the chopping board and started chopping onions, bell peppers and tomatoes but the bell rang.

Ahh who the hell is it now.

Being frustrated i washed my hands while one of the workers opened the door.

"You fucker didn't even tell me that you are back here. I am going to kill you"

It's Dhruv.Dhruv Malhotra.
The only one i trusted here in the new place when i started my studies.
I am in London since I was 20. It's been 7 years but i haven't met a more trustworthy and a more dashing boy than him. Another good thing that he is also from Mumbai.

He's been with me at my worst. From bunking lectures to having the best of our lives.

I was in the business department while he was in the engineering department so we never really met in our University.

I once went to a bar outside the campus just to have some drinks and he was there too and there started our friendship.

At first it was limited to just drinking sessions but then we started spending time together in the college premises too.

He works in a multinational company now as a software developer and when he is free he comes to meet me, just like now.

"Bro it was an emergency that I had to come back but I will leave for India again, next week"
I said and we shook hands followed by a hug.

"Okay I can forgive you if you cook breakfast for me"

"I haven't done anything that I have to be sorry for, okay you dumbo"

"Yes you have"

I sighed of defeat, can't really win an argument from him.

"Alright fine, I am cooking omelettes, you wanna have them?"

I lead him to the kitchen from the living room.

"Um only if I get some pancakes and a good cold coffee too"

"Dhruv sir this is not a restaurant and I am not a chef okay?"

"But you are my friend, haha it's okay I can negotiate just for omelettes if you take me with you to India. I am free for the next 2 weeks so yaa!"

"Ayyeeee. Sure sure sure, I already have something to tell you"

"Oh my god yes tell me"

He said and I ran to my room to get the girl's photo.

I got the photo and handed it to him while I started preparing for breakfast.

"Okay who is she?"

"My parents are asking me to marry her"

There was a pin drop silence.

I turned around to see his mouth wide open.

"YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED??"

"Uhm yes, they asked for my consent but I just don't know"

"What is it that you don't know?"

"That am I in love with her? I just saw her photo last night and I am going all crazy and just impatient to meet her and there is something about her that my heart beat so fast whenever I look at her."

"Shittt brooo"
"What"

Dhruv came forward and stood in front of me

"You are in love with her. Oh my god, is it love at first sight and you are going to get married to the one you love. Just Wow. This is so freaking amazing."

"Uhm yes, it is what it is"

"Whatever it is, it is amazing"
He said and jumped on me, giving me a tight hug.

I could feel how happy he is and I could feel my cheeks burn.

I was blushing.

What am I? A school kid??
Ahh God save me.

"Okay get away now, I have to cook food"

"Okay, you grumpy little kid"he said and pulled away, finally getting seated on the dining table.

----✿✿✿----

Happy new year !! 🤍

To be continued <3

Stay tuned.

Please remember to give your reviews, I would love to read your reviews.

Please show a little bit of dignity in the comments.

All the characters are fictional and I don't intend to hurt anyone with my thoughts