Garden Reward

Mariyan POV

day 7...It's been a week in the Asylum or "Mental hospital" if you wanna call it that and everyday I feel like I'm slowly dying in this cell. Yesterday I spoke to a girl in the walls and I've been writing down my thoughts in my journal which may be the only thing I was able to keep since I got here.

I want to lean up or even stand up but I feel sleepy, I've woken up a few times on and off again and I can't even tell the time because of this damned cell and the fact that there's no sunlight or moonlight to even allow me to know what time it is but breakfast is usually between 7 and 9 if we are going by American standards...If I am adding it up right then it may be about 11 or 12 meaning between 1 to 3 hours since I ate breakfast and it could even be about 1PM now.

Today is a short physical checkup, apparently that's where I'm going now and speaking of that... We're here now.

I get to a room with hospital beds and a window for once...You know they say you don't appreciate something until it's gone and I never thought that would be relevant to something as simple as seeing windows.

"Take a seat and we'll begin your examination," Looking up there's a woman with dark hair tied up and almost my height with the exception of about 2 or 3 more inches on her and when I read her coat it reads "P. Young" 

I sit down and she starts asking me questions "Any symptoms of anything, maybe nausea or sleepy more than usual?" I nod when she says says that and she does not look me in the eye once before she takes me arm and puts a needle in it, extracting  blood all of a sudden and I hold my breath and stop when she finally takes it out I start breathing again with a bit of tears forming in my eyes despite the pain not being the worst I've ever been through.

She has be do a variety of things from standing on a scale and seeing my own weight, which is about 112 pounds and a few minor things that aren't even worth mentioning but as of now she's checking my heartrate and asking me minor medical questions.

"Breathe in...Breathe out" I do that while she takes my heartrate and she writes something down on her hand and I want to ask but then again I know everything about what's happening and this is overall just a normal procedure but she does have me perform pullups, pushups and other exercises...I did horribly and that may have been the most demeaning thing I've been put through...Besides you know, undressing in front of 5 guards.

Soon she gets done with me and starts to write on a clipboard "You seem healthy...You're not fit physically but much healthier than most your age" She says and I think back, as much I never exercised or trained up muscle much I did make sure to eat properly as if I eat something too sweet or too many sweets I start to feel dirty physically in a way I cannot describe, especially with chocolate.

I stand up and look around to see other patients, some of which have to be kept restrained by guards or have to be kept under eye by guards and the first one I notice is Zsasz from yesterday who bit off that guy's ear.

Thinking about it I shutter a bit before trying to repress as much as I can about the incident, as much as I think the guy deserved it the sight of it was gruesome.

I gag slightly and try to control my breathing before standing up and going with the guard, I notice there are a small amount of prisoners...I mean Patients here and even a few female patients.

"Mariyan, how nice it is to see you" I stop and see the bald man and I stare at him, usually I would at least give him a fake greeting just for it to not feel awkward but I don't even think he deserves that at best so I simply look at anything else.

He says a few more things to me and I don't even look at him, looking at everything else but him "You interest me, it may be a hard adjustment but there is no gain without pain and we have many treatments that'll help your recovery." He says and that makes me by instinct look at him, "No gain without pain" Is what he says and that raises my eyebrow a bit.