Chapter 8 - Home

Author's Note: This is the end of the story! I hope y'all enjoyed this fic, and thank you all who joined us on this journey! :D

Yes, it will end up with an eventual redemption of all the Siths around. :)

~ Amina Gila

Obi-Wan isn't overly fond of medbays. Well, no one is, but he especially doesn't like seeing Anakin here. He'll be fine, but he still knocked himself out when they fought Abeloth, and Obi-Wan is worried about him. To tell the truth, he's more afraid of what'll happen after than he is as of right now.

He's definitely more worried about what'll happen to Anakin after everything is over and they go back to Naboo. He'll be with the Sith again, and... the chances of them losing him are way too high.

And no, Obi-Wan shouldn't be so attached to him, but he is, and there's no changing it.

Anakin blinks himself to consciousness slowly, and Obi-Wan just... hovers, not saying anything – not that he has much to say. "Did we win?" Anakin asks finally once his gaze grows a little more focused.

"We did," Obi-Wan confirms, arms crossed, "She's gone."

Anakin makes a noise of acknowledgment, closing his eyes again. "The Force feels settled," he supplies.

Obi-Wan can't help thinking it's fitting – that if the imbalance of Anakin being trained by a Sith was what lead to Abeloth escaping – her presence is what brought Anakin back to the Jedi, to where he belongs, to Obi-Wan, and this feels like it's what was meant to happen.

"What happens now?" Anakin asks, opening his eyes again to look up at him. He looks... wary, not quite scared, but it's close enough. It's too close.

"We had to make an... agreement with Sidious," Obi-Wan admits grudgingly, "The courts will try him for his crimes, but until the trial comes, you'll be returned to Naboo. With Jedi supervision, of course."

"And... Maul?"

Obi-Wan wished they'd just execute him, if he's being honest, but that's not the Jedi way, and there are laws involved. He still wishes there weren't, at least for him – Maul killed Qui-Gon, and Jedi way or no, that's not something Obi-Wan can forgive.

"The same holds true for him," Obi-Wan replies, "We suspect the Trade Federation, or the Sith's allies will interfere and prevent a fair trial, but as of now, there is nothing else the Jedi can do."

Obi-Wan is angry about that. Anakin looks more relieved than anything else. "They're sending us back to Naboo?" he asks again, for clarification. "Back home?"

He wishes Anakin wouldn't call it that. "Yes."

There are a few heartbeats of silence, during what Obi-Wan suspects will probably be some of their last moments together. He's not ready for this time to be over.

"You said the Jedi will... supervise us?" Anakin asks slowly, "You'll... accompany us there?"

"I volunteered," Obi-Wan admits, "I know you, and I would like to keep an eye on Maul myself."

"Master Plo?" Anakin queries, a little weakly. He looks tired, more wary than anything else. He's one of the only people Anakin actually knows here.

"He's alive," Obi-Wan assures, "Injured, but alive. If you're up to moving, you can go see him."

"I would like to," Anakin confesses, "If we're gonna be leaving, I don't know if I'll see him again."

Obi-Wan has no issue with change. He's always known that's a natural part of life – it's what it means to be a Jedi, but that doesn't mean he's exactly... ready for the chances of losing Anakin, and he doesn't think only one Jedi there is the best idea, either. He's taking a risky gamble, and Obi-Wan knows it, but someone has to do it.