07 - " Bloodletting " ( 🩸 )

It was a man, running with a limp body in his arms. " Mavis go inside and get my daddy " I nodded as the person started running closer than I told Herschel.

" I'll go lay back down " I said walking into my room as Maggie came inside with the man and the limp body. I listened to Herschel give instructions to everyone I tried standing up so I could help but as Maggie came in the room she said, " Mavis stay here. Also here's your dosing of pills, 2 painkillers and the ice pack " She finished giving me a cup of orange juice and shutting my door.

" okay.. I'll check it out later " I said putting the ice pack on my ankle wrapped in cloth, then took my painkillers and swallowed. After a couple of minutes Maggie came back into my room with two men.

" Mavis? Mavis! Your save oh thank god.." Rick said realizing who they we're, Shane just stood there." Rick? What with all of the blood.. " I asked staring at his sheriff outfit covered in blood, Maggie walked into the room " your wife's name. Lori right? You guys are on the highway?" She asked while he nodded before asking me " how does she know that? " " I told her about everyone " I explained to both of them and smiled. She said walking out of the house then the both Shane and Rick followed Maggie to the living room while I sat in my bed reading ' breakup bible '. after a bit there was a lot of screaming causing me to get up.

" oh my.. " I said seeing Carl laying there shirtless with a patch on his chest, I listened as Shane and Rick argued about how he needs to stay with Carl and not go find Lori." wow.. Does he need blood? What's his type? I have A positive if that could help? " I said looking at Carl and Rick seeing me and saying " he came out looking for you and Sophia.. " Then Herschel looked at Me saying " that would be helpful with you didnt injury your ankle so bad, Why don't you go sit down Mavis " He then turned his attention back to Carl as I looked with Herschel.

" I guess.. I hope Glenn shows up! " I said sitting next to Herschel and looking at what he's doing for Carl," what are you doing? You should teach me medical stuff some time!! " I asked before Herschel smiled and nodded walking out of the room talking with Rick about what he needs to do.

" he's outta danger for this moment, but I need to remove those remaining fragments.. " I heard Herschel say " how? You saw how he reacted to the first one "

" and that one was the shalloweat one, but there's more I need to go even deeper to get others also his bellys distance his pressure is dropping, meaning there's internal bleeding which could mean a fragment nicked one of the blood vessels, I have to open him up find the bleeding then stitch it " He said taking in a breath before continuing," and while I'm doing that he can't move, at all. If he reacts the same way as before.. I'll sever an artery and he'll be dead " I continued to ease drop, while they talked.

I took my ear away from the wall, and glanced at Carl and watched as his chest raised up and down slightly and softly.

Before hearing Shane and Otis are leaving to get surgery supplies, and Maggie went is going to get Lori. " I miss Glenn.. Rick, does he seem okay? " I asked while Rick walked in the room sitting next to Carl.

" yeah.. He'll be thrilled to see you "

[ POV - GLENN RHEE ]
" let's start going back, we'll pick up again tomorrow " A mix of everyone said, before Carol asked making sure and I answered " don't worry we will find them both tomorrow " I said hoping that is the truth.

Daryl then whistled for everyone to turn around and start walking back so we did.

" Glenn.. Just so you know I won't be mad if we find Mavis first or if she's not with Sophia " Carol told me, i looked at her then said " okay. as long as you don't blame her for anything " and walked faster away from her as Andrea went towards Carol, " how much farther? " Lori asked before Daryl replied " 100 more miles maybe " I ignored everything after that, until a walker came out of no where.

Causing a scream from Andrea as she tried to kill it, we we're running towards her until some badass bitch came out on a horse knocking the thing down. Asking for Lori saying Carl was shot and they have another one of our group.

I was memorized while she gave us instructions on how to get to her house, then she rode off...

[ POV - MAVIS CROWELL ]
I groaned while Herschel swapped my bandage around my ankle. Then looked put the window to see a horse with two people riding on it, assuming that's its Lori and Maggie.

" Herschel! Can I go? " I said pointing outside as he shaked his head no, and went out to follow Rick outside, I just sighed. I watched Lori and Rick both walk into Carl's room as Maggie came into mine.

" what does Glenn look like? " She asked sitting down by me, " well, he's Korean.. And wears a baseball hat a lot which he said he'll give me at some point " I said smiling and she nodded then said " I hinted we have you, I think he understood that " She smiled back before kissing my head and standing up, and opening up the blinds so I could stare at the pretty orangery sunset..

I heard footateps outside my room and got confused before shrugging but realizing it's Lori, Risk and Herschel talking.

" so I understand once Shane and the man who shot my son gets back..." Lori started, " otis " " Otis. The idiot who shot my son." " ma'ma it was an accident " Lori then continued, while I peek me head out.

" I'll take that under advisement later. For now he's an idiot who shot our son " Rick then cut in saying " Lori, they're doing everything they can to make it right.. " She looked at him then said
" okay. As soon as they get back, you can perform this surgery? " I nodded hoping that was right and Carl would end up surviving.

I heard a glass fall while I was climbing back into the bed causing me to panic and quickly standing up again then whining in pain. " ow fuck!! " I said looking down at my ankle realizing I twisted it trying to get back out," my ankle.. Ugh! Why'd I have to get hurt " I said looking down and pulling up my leg checking out my ankle..

" where's the painkillers.. " I mumbled walking into the bathroom and opening the cabinet attached, grabbed pills that said ibuprofen the some tylenol, taking them with a cup of water.

" anything else that can help me.. " I checked the cabinet as Maggie walked in,
" Mavis what's happening? You can't just be taking pills hunny " She said putting the food down on the bed.

" I'm not.. Just some ibuprofen and Tylenol I took " I said walking out from the bathroom and noticing its just soup with crackers, " go ahead and eat, I'll be back in a second.. "

-------
THAT WAS.. OMFG 😭

Word Count - 1247 ‼️🫶

Eight Chapter : 08 - " Save the last one.." ( 🙇‍♂️ )