08 - " Save The Last One " ( 🙇‍♂️ )

I was drinking my soup and eat the crackers that were given, I then stood up taking care of it in the sink. " Maggie.. What you doing? " I asked opening the door while she was sitting on a the porch.

" I'm just waiting for your group.. " She said then smiled and had never sit on the rail, " I hope it's Glenn the one coming.. I miss him besides you two would be nice together.. I hope he brings Leon to so you can meet him " I said watching a car pull in and two men get out, one holding a baby.

" do we ring the bell and knock? " Glenn said holding Leon, " it would be a kind thing to do, did you or T-dog lock back up then gate? " I said as Glenn looked towards Maggie and smiled stepping onto the porch," wow, okay I get it. say hi while holding my baby brother " I said to Glenn, giggling then reaching out for Leon.

Glenn smiled and hugged me, asking for an explanation before Maggie taking us all inside. To make them some food.

" you guys bring anything? Like antibiotics? Because they have some " I said smiling before walking into my room and hearing Glenn ask Maggie about my ankle, knowing once he finds out I'm a gonna be stuck in the bed...

After a couple of minutes, Glenn walked into my bedroom with Leon. " Mavis, you hurt yourself? Are you better now? " Glenn asked sitting next to me and putting Leon my my legs, " yeah, I was trying to find my way back to the creek but found the barn which lead to me finding my way here. " I said smiling before giving my fingers to Leon.

" once I'm better and heathly, can I start to help out more? Like with finding Sophia! Could I go and try to find her? And not just be stuck at camp? " I asked smiling while Glenn said " so you wanna work with Shane,me,Rick and Daryl more? " I nodded then smiled.

" sure, I'm fine with that! Unless it's a dangerous mission like.. We are killing other people " He said taking off his hat and messing with his hair then putting it back on. " I'll be 12 soon.. Maybe in like two weeks? Or one.. Not to sure " I said smiling before he passed me something,  
" well happy early birthday, I love you Mavis " He told me as I opened the small box to a photo of my parents, then smiled.

" where'd you find this? " I asked looking at him, " oh it was on the diner note pad you have, I wanted to give it on a special occasion " he said smiling passing me the note pad while I reached for a lighter.
" Glenn.. Let's leave the pass in the pass, besides there gone not important as the living parents " I said before he looked at me confused and watches as I lit the photo on fire and put it in water and watched it finish burning up.

" done, I have you and Maggie, same goes for Leon he has you two " I said smiling, realizing Glenn was blushing a little. " you like her~" I said sweetly before jumping up and down happily, he chuckled before standing up and walking away.

" Im gonna go check on Lori and Rick.." I said to myself before walking and noticibg then outside causing me to be curious and walking closer to the window and easedrop, there voices we're horribly muffled but I could hear about how it would be most likely better if Carl died...

After a couple of minutes the two came in and noticed me while Lori asked " did you hear that Mavis.." I nodded before saying " I'm a kid? Younger than Carl and surviving! Please don't just let Carl die! " I tried arguing as Lori just nodded and came over to hug me... After a bit we realised me and walked away towards Carl's room while I went outside.

" Zelda.. Pretty where are you? " I asked checking the horse pin for her but she wasn't there, Maggie has stepped outside and caught me." Mavis, what are you doing? " She asked softly realizing what I found out," wheres Zelda..? " I shrugged saying "  that's what I'm looking for.. " Maggie then smiled and pointed out in the field we're a horse was laying. " oh there! She's so pretty right now.. " I said smiling as Maggie chuckled and looked at the stars, " we should get you inside, and if you'd like maybe a shower " Maggie asked, picking me up and carrying me towards the house, " sure! " I said yawning letting Maggie carry me.

" it's so quiet.. " I said hearing birds chirping, " it is, anyways go shower! I'll have some clothes laid out for you when your back " Maggie said, smiling and letting me go as I ran to the bathroom in my room.

" hot water... " I said turning on the tap then letting the hot water run before I got undressed and into the shower, " ohh it's so nice.. " I mumbled letting the hot water run down my body then I clean my ankle a bit more then we have been.

After a couple of seconds I finished showering, stepping out and brushing my hair, " wow... It's so long, I should probably cut it a litt- " I said hearing a truck noise pulling up," must be otis and Shane " I said to myself putting on my clothes which are now.

An dark green tank top with black cargo pant then put my hair put into a basic ponytail, " I better go see otis and Shane now "  I mumbled walking out hearing crying from Maggie noticing only Shane before realizing otis died.. " oh god.. Poor Maggie " I said walking into the kitchen while her and Glenn we're in there with Leon sitting in the highchair.

" who else did you lose? " Glenn asked walking towards a batch of photo while Maggie cried, " you told me I have to make it okay some how.. That's what you've been trying to do right? So which ones.. " He then our his hands in his pockets as she stood up walking closer towards him and started pointing.

" stepmother.. Stepbrother.. " After she then took a deep breath and Glenn saw me holding Leon, " come on, their gonna announce the news about Carl " He said rubbing my back while be all stepped outside.

It was chilly, but a nice and quiet night a bit upsetting..

" he seems to have stabilized." Herschel said as Rick let out a deep breath and hugged Herschel thanking him, before realizing we need to tell patricia about her husband...

" I could help you guys..?" I offered as Rick said he'll join us while Lori goes to Carl and Glenn nodded giving me permission to join.

I followed Rick insided letting the others come in to.. Standing next to patricia as Maggie and Herschel caught her while she cries with the news... It was horrible to stand there and watch her sob about her husband... Rick had looked down the hall causing me to glace to see Shane.

" shh..." I said holding patricia's hand feeling horrible for her just trying to confront her....

-------
UGHH I HATED OTIS DYING 😭😭

Chapter nine -
09 - " Cherokee rose " ( 🌺 )

Word Count - 1217 🫶‼️