16. Sin city and Gun point

PARIS KILLIAN'S POV

"You must do everything that I tell you," A young not taller than may be six one feet barged into my room.  He shut the door behind him, stood inches away from me, face composed, but his voice intimidating and strong.

"Who are you?" I looked closely at him. Is he another spy Malcolm sent to terrorise me for goodness sake? Or just  another employee with some level of authority? Because the way he uttered those words, compelling me to obey without hesitation.

"I'm Jonathan Galyner, my Uncle Varynus just found out you are sent here by Malcolm Erin with the main goal to sabotage this family. If you care about your life and the safety of your friends you will do everything that I tell you."

My heart dropped.

I could feel my blood go cold.

"What's going on?"

"Don't Panic, I'm not your enemy , that's if all goes well. I need you to be as calm as possible. We only have a few minutes before I'll be taking you to my brother. There's no telling what he'll do to you. But, perhaps if you follow my instructions you may come out of this alive."

Alive?

Malcolm really sent me into my death. I was lying to myself thinking I could come out of this. Any plan that I made to survive this is thrown out the window.

My friends? Why did he speak of my friends?
I thought Malcolm had captured them. What went down back there?

"I'm so confused right now. Are my friends in even more danger? How did Varynus find out about me? Is Malcolm Erin exposed?" 

When I was told Malcolm had kidnapped my friends, I died inside. Now, I feel more terrified of our fate.

I have so much to process right now, but most importantly, why is Nicolas Gaylner trying to be civil with me, isn't he supposed to be in Varynus' side. Am I getting tricked again? What in the name of God is happening?

"There's no time to answer all your questions Paris. But I need you to assure me on this, are you Malcolm's hostage or accomplice? And if you lie to me, and I find out otherwise, you'll die by my hand before Varynus can even touch you." His blue eyes turned a darker shade, and for the first time since this man walked into the room I felt true dread. If this is how a Galyner can insert fear into your soul, I have a galloping idea what Varynus will put me through....hell, that man will send me to hell. Because Jonathan didn't even touch me, infact, he stood three feet away from me, but his threat chilled me to the bone.

"Malcolm Erin attacked me outside my apartment the night of the Fremont tragedy. He forced me to be part of something I wanted no part in. He kidnapped my f_riends, tried to kill a man Infront of me....he almost dr-owned m_me in my own bathroom sink. He brought me out here against m_my will, wa-nted me to spy on this family because he assured me, that you are all monsters. That whatever happened to those innocent people in Fremont is all because of you. He convinced me that you're all behind the illegal shit in this city. He also deceived me.... And if I'm being honest, I don't care if you're all the devil, or if he's even worse, I just want to get as far as possible from all of you." I held back my tears.

I'm so sick of this.

The last thing I wanted was to be in the middle of these men's tyranny.

"Paris killian, " Jonathan said my name, "You have no idea what you're now up against. My Uncle won't believe a single word you say. For starters, your friend Maya has been associated with Nicolas Galyner for years, so what Varynus believes is that, You're all involved in his death. So currently, Maya and Lana are within his scope, he's taken them from your house and into hostage."