𝐃ALEKS IN MANHATTAN | 3

P A R T   T H R E E

────── ⋅ ⋅ ── *ੈ✩‧₊˚── ⋅ ⋅ ──────

The Doctor had pinned the green jellyfish thing to the gizmo that was being powered by the sonic screwdriver. "That's it. We need to heat you up." The time lord muttered, before looking to Logan, who was stood next to the spotlight.

"Could you..." The time lord paused, lips twitching up when Logan gave him a thumbs up, aiming the spotlight on it. "Thanks, Loey." He softly acknowledged, putting his glasses on and turning to look at the jellyfish, examining it.

After a long moment, Logan, who'd moved to stand next to him noticed the Doctor's lips pull down into a small frown. "What is it?" He asked, tilting his head to get a better look at the green thing, despite not knowing what to look for.

"This is artificial." The Doctor mumbled, before reaching out and toying with the gizmo, eyes widening. "Genetically engineered. Whoever this is, oh, you're clever." He whispered.

"Yippee for us." Logan sarcastically drawled, watching as the time lord grabbed a stethoscope from his pocket, using it to listen to the green thing.

"Fundamental DNA type four six seven dash nine eight nine. Nine eight nine." The Doctor said, taking off the stethoscope and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Hold on, that means planet of origin." He explained to Logan, before willing himself to think.

His eyes widened in realisation. "Skaro."

Before Logan could even react to that, a cluster of shrill screams rang through the air, coming from the stage.

"C'mon." The Doctor grabbed his soulmate's hand, pulling him along as they both ran to the stage. They reached backstage just as one of the showgirls shuddered, "Oh, that face. I ain't never gonna sleep."

The two men ignored her words in favour of rushing to Tallulah, noticing that Martha wasn't there. "Tallulah, where's Martha?" Logan questioned the startled woman.

"I don't know, she ran off the stage!" Only seconds after Tallulah spoke, they could hear the sound of Martha screaming from the prop room.

The two men immediately bolted towards the sound, Tallulah in tow, not seeing Martha when they reached the room, but instead that the sewer entrance lid on the floor wasn't on properly.

The Doctor grabbed his coat and slipped it on while Logan pushed the lid away. "Where are you going?" Tallulah asked, clearly panicked as she watched the two men.

"They've taken her." The Doctor stated, quickly helping Logan down the ladder to the sewers, before hopping down there himself, leaving Tallulah even more confused than before.

"Who's taken her? What're ya doin'? I said, what the hell are ya doin'? Crazy men."

The next thing they know, the showgirl was shimmying down the ladder in a fur coat. "Listen, this is definitely a moment," Logan began, vaguely gesturing with his hands. "but you really shouldn't come." He tried, causing Tallulah to protest.

"But—"

"No, no, no, no, no way. You're not coming." The Doctor firmly interrupted, shaking his head, which only caused Tallulah to stubbornly huff, climbing down the ladder and looking between the two men with narrowed eyes.

"Tell me what's going on."

"There's nothing you can do. Go back."

"Look, whoever's taken Martha, they could've taken Laszlo, couldn't they?"