Chapter 4

We hear footsteps down the hall.

Markus went quiet and placed hand near his weapons and aid,"Staye bhind me doll.

I nodded and stayed behind him I put my arms around him and said, "Just one of your men probably."

Markus looked at me an said," Never can too sure doll. Better safe than sorry."

I placed my hands on his shoulders and rubbed them and said, "Your too on edge Markus."

Markus smiled a little and relaxed a bit but kept eye on the door and said," Gotta be in this line of work babe."

The footsteps didn't stop at our door and kept going

I kissed his cheek and said,"They're gone now."

Markus nodded and smiled and kissed me and said,"Yeah."

I leaned against him with head on his chest and said,"You'll protect me right Markus?"

Markus smiled at me and put arm around me and said, "I'll try doll."

I smiled at him and kissed him and said, "I love you."

Markus smiled and kissed me and said, "I love you too doll."

I leaned against him and said, "You're too nice of guy be in this line of work Markus."

Markus pulled me close with arm around me and said, "I did something I shouldn't of, and it almost cost me my life."

I pulled off the leather jacket he had over his shirt and put my arms around him and kissed him and said, "What did you do?"

Markus smiled as he put his arms around me and kissed me and said, "I robbed a bank and killed the guard. It was self-defense but I was running form the law until I joined the Don."

I nodded and ran hand through his hair and said, "That must have been hard having keep running."

Markus nodded and said, "Yeah it was."