The Past/Discomfort

2 stories in 1

Characters: Marc and Nathaniel

Age: 15/16??(Not sure how old they are lol)

Game/Show: Mlb(Miraculous Ladybug)

---

1st POV/Nathaniel(The Past)

My mom was yelling at me for about an hour now, and it had only started because I was always with Marc working on comics and such, not really focusing on my grades and I had screwed up on a test, tanking my grade quite a bit. I hadn't paid any mind to it as Marc said he was going to help with it, but my mom wasn't having it.

"You...! ... Pay attention... All you... ....ault!" I heard my mother scream, but I was also zoning out in between sentences. I have been standing for too long, and I felt the need to sit. I refused eye contact as she continued to ramble. "All I do... What do I need to do... Get your... Up!" I was barely making out the words she spat and I was frankly very hurt.

It somehow got to talking about my behavior towards them, and how I've changed through the years. She kept comparing me to our family, like my cousins and my own friends. I remember her saying she didn't like comparisons... how ironic.

"Why can't you... be more like...! ... ----" I was barely making out her words, as every little comparison was getting to my soul, and it hurt. 

Then, she said something, completely out of the blue.

"What happened to the YOU that was so happy and wanted to be with his family..."

My throat clenched and it felt ash dry. I felt I couldn't speak. Those words echoed through my head. The old me... is gone. The old me had "died" a long time ago. She continued rambling until she left me in my room alone, where I sat on the floor with my back against my bed and my knees to my chest. I pushed these feeling down as I put my forehead against my knees.

When will I be free from this?

---

1st POV/Marc(Discomfort)

I was doing homework for my sign language class in the kitchen with my mom cleaning the house. She was already pissed, so I didn't really want to deal with her anger. But of course, nothing can go as planned.

I was working on my song I needed to sign for my class, and as I was trying to figure out how to sign a few more of the signs for my song and practice the ending, my mom came up to me and said, "Sign your song for me, with the music." 

All my thoughts were rushing to me. I was barely ready to put this on for an audience, and I was barely remembering the signs for certain lines of my song. She told me to stand in front of her and sign, without the music due to my refusal to do it with. 

She kept yelling at me to do it, despite my obvious discomfort in not wanting to do it, my arms and legs shaky and I felt frozen in place. She kept yelling and yelling, tears threatening to fall... until they did. They fell until I was seriously crying, but my mom could care less. All she could care about was if I was going to sign and say the lyrics for her(she also wanted lyrics since I refused to do it with the song).

I said that I could do it with the music then, but she said I couldn't since I said no the first time. I then asked to go to the bathroom, which she sighed with anger.

"5. Minutes."

I nodded with pure misery and ran to my bathroom, where all I did was cry. I had no need for the bathroom, just... needed to cry. 5 minutes had passed where she yelled for my to come back down. She said if I wasn't going to sign everything, then to just sign one line. I got over with, then with true fury, she spat, "See?! Wasn't that easy?!" My tears kept falling when she left, and I went to get a soda from the fridge.

Every time she does something like this...

It seems like she never cares.

---

Have a good morning/day/evening :)