Crickets

Character: Young Cricket

Age: 15

Game/Show: Warioware

EXTRA CHARACTER(they don't actually exist within the game, just need them for my story): Chloe(she's the same age as Cricket)

---

3rd POV

The whole group that worked with Wario saved up the money to go see a football game together. Mona, 9-Volt, Mike, Lulu... everyone was there. They were having a good time. They even brought some friends from outside their work. 

What they were unaware of was the rain from the night before would attract the crickets and they were also sitting way high up in the stands...

Despite Cricket's name, he himself, was afraid of crickets. He hated everything about them. The way they basically exist everywhere, the sound they make when they get crushed... everything. It's unsettling to the young teen's heart and he basically had a phobia of them. 

The crickets had swarmed the bleachers above and they were basically rained above the unlikely group of accomplices. They hit the sides of heads, arms, legs... etcetera, etcetera. The noise they make when they hit the bleachers as well, the screams of the people that felt them make contact... it was all too much for poor Young Cricket to handle.

He was in a state of panic, and a friend of Penny, Chloe, wasn't making the experience any bit better. "Stop screaming and panicking, will you?! It's just a measly cricket!" Cricket was too overwhelmed to stay in the stands, but his throat tightened, and he felt that he was unable to speak. 

Mona offered to take him out of the stands, to try and ease he heart, but under the stands wasn't all that great either. Crickets still roamed about the underside of the bleachers, and that put Cricket over the edge of panic. He sat and hugged his knees in panic, crying into them. Mona hugged him from the side, trying to comfort him. "Just 3 more minutes until the game is over, then we can leave, alright?" Her voice was gentle, as to try and not startle him in any way. 

His heart was eased a bit when he heard the game was over, and wiped his tears and tried to regulate his breathing, to look as if he wasn't crying at all, to try and not worry anybody, not that anybody cared.

Everybody went their separate ways, Cricket, Jimmy T, Lulu, and Master Mantis in one car, Mike, Dr. Crygor, Penny, and Chloe in another, Penny trying to tell her friend(who will end up being banned from being anywhere near Penny by Dr. Crygor, to which Penny agreed upon), 18-Volt, 9-Volt, 5-Volt, Kat, and Ana in another, Dribble and Spitz went home their own way, and Ashley and Red went on their own as well. Orbulon went on their own and Mona and Wario went together in a car as well.

Everyone within the car Cricket was riding in(Jimmy T was driving) sat in silence from exhaustion, every so often, Jimmy and Mantis would be talking. Cricket zoned out their conversations and drifted to sleep.

This whole cricket incident was put behind him

---

I guess the context if that for me, I'm in a high school marching band(not saying where for privacy) and we've been to games where the day before, it was raining and there were crickets at the game and I had a friend that said to stop freaking out over crickets, even after multiple people said that phobias exist, so it was a pretty shitty football game :/

Have a good morning/day/night ^_^