Ch1 - First Day of School

Another unpleasant morning. I didn't wanted to wake up . I just wanted to lay down on my bed without any worry . I don't remember when was the last time I slept properly.

Knock knock...
"Are you ready for your session Emy?"

Here comes my lovely mom. Maybe she is the only one who cares about me.

"I am coming in. Ugh... you are still in bed!!! Get ready fast , we are getting late . By the way what's that in your hand Emy ?"

My mother is well known for asking wrong questions at the wrong time.

"Umm... My Life ", I replied, completely getting lost in my memories.
"What ? I don't understand nowadays what this girl is upto, always speaking strange things....."

My mom's voice faded up , and I went back in time , into my memories.

                                                        2 Years Ago

New York is a beautiful place where I live. But this morning isn't beautiful. It's my first day in 11th grade. High School is nothing like what we see in movies. I just don't know why everyone dreams for it. Well I am not so good in making friends and tragically I am going to a new school this year with totally strangers. But I am not that scared because I have my bestfriend Daphne with me.

Daphne Warner is a super energetic, cute , talkative girl with specs which unknowingly makes her look more cute. She is someone with a lot of crushes. Every week she comes up with a story of a new guy who fell for her and how she broke up with the guy she met last week. Seriously like how she is able to make so many friends, especially boys!? Well, I had some guy friends in my mid school, but none of them are in contact with me now . Or there is and he is right now standing right infront of me, waving his hand to me.

"Hii Emily, what's up!!"
"Umm.. Hey Joshua . I didn't knew that we both were going to end up in the same school."

Joshua Brooks is one of the funniest but the most irritating guy at the same time. Daphne thinks that he have a huge crush on me. Maybe he might have , but I am not at all interested in him , so it's good that we never bring up such topic or else I will say 'No' to him and our friendship will end.

"Well , I am here just to wait for our school bus. They say that they have not decided route to my house till now , but they will soon. Well I wanted to ask if you are free today evening. I mean we can go for a movie or something like that."

"Umm.... actually..............."
I was in the middle of thinking how to say 'no' to him in such a way that he don't get hurt and luckily Daphne came to pick me.

"Well, you see, I need to go, Daphne is here."
"Aren't you coming with me in the school bus?"
"No, actually as its first day of our new school, Daphne's father is going to drop and pick us up today. So, see you in school."

"Come inside fast, we are running late."
"Hi , Emily."
"Hello, uncle."
"Emy, what was that headache doing infront of your house?" Daphne whispered in my ears.
"Well, he was waiting for the bus because the route to his house is not decided. Thank you so much Daphne you are a life savior."
"Why , what happened?"
"He was asking me out this evening."
"See, told you,he likes you," she whispered more quietly.
"Uhhh, come on , he wasn't asking me in on date he was just wondering if I am free today or not."
"You admit or not Emy but it's the same thing. He likes you admit it."
"Well what have you planned for our first day? I mean, do you think there is something interesting going to happen today?"

By interesting, I meant if any guy is going to propose her. Infront of others, especially her dad, we use codeword 'interesting' for scenes with guys. And as you all know about Daphne till now that we have to use this word more than 100 times in a day.

"Well I am not sure about this let's see. We are here, in our new school."

Redvalley High School, it seems like a jail for me.

"Kiddos enjoy your first day in school. I will come to pick you up from school on the main gate so wait for me and don't go anywhere without informing. And most importantly stay away from boys."
"K dad we understood we are not kids anymore," she winked towards me knowing that she is never gonna stay away from guys.
"Byee dad."
"Byee uncle."
"Bye my little kiddos."