pt 7: Meeting the rest of the rainbow

As you landed, you dimly heard the joyous squeal of Julie.

"Yaaay! You're back!"

As you knelt down to your knees, you saw a blur of pink as Julie ran up to you, and hugging your one knee.

"Did you have a good lunch?" She looked up at you with shining eyes, and you chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"Yeah, it was good." You smiled with mirth, as you played with her in your hands, watching as she swung on your tail tip like a child on a jungle gym.

Poppy then walked upto you, giving a warm, if a little skittish, smile. "I-I hope you don't mind, but Julie insisted we bring along our friends to meet you..."

"Oh?" You decided to act surprised, tilting your head at the small pink monstress hanging on your tail tip. "Guests? For me?"

"Oh, yeah yeah!" Julie nodded hurriedly as you lowered your tail to let her down, to which she ran to the front of you, and gestured to where the group stood.

"(Name)! I'd like you to meet our friends!"

Your gaze flicked to the ground, and you took a good look at the group before you.

"That's Barnaby B. Beagle,"

She pointed to a large blue dog with multicolored spots and a rainbow striped vest, complete with a red tie and small hat. He almost reminded you of a clown, but without the makeup or ridiculous afro and clown shoes.

"There's Howdy Pillar!"

She moved to a green caterpillar man, judging by his four arms and legs, and he had yellow-orange striped antennas and neat blue hair. He had on a blue striped shirt and reddish-scarlet pants, which were mostly covered by his orange apron. Judging by his cap and name tag, he must have been a shopkeep.

"Eddie Dear!"

She moved to the timid looking orange-tan man with scarlet hair, donning a white shirt with blue trims and blue jeans which were held in place by a brown belt. You knew that from his cap that he was a messenger; or mailman in modern terms.

"Sally Starlet!"

She pointed to what looked to be a literal sun woman, with pointed rays surrounding her head, with a plaid multicolored shirt and what looked like a blue overall dress with colorful pockets. She had such a vivid shine to her that you wondered if she actually came from the sky.

"Frank Frankly!"

She pointed to a grey colored fellow, with black hair that draped over his forehead slightly and had a black unibrow that was currently arched in shock, red cheeks and a yellow nose. He had a plaid green-yellow shirt and a yellow bowtie that reminded you of a butterfly.

"And finally, Wally Darling!"

Finally, she pointed to a yellow colored man with blue pair done up in a notable swirled pompadour with a blue cardigan with yellow trims that covered a white shirt, and rainbow striped pants. What completed his look was a red scarf tied around his neck. He looked like the artsy type.

She then turned to her colorful companions and made a grand gesture towards you and announced excitedly;

"Everyone! Meet our newest kai-juice-- er, I mean Kaiju friend, (Name)!"

You snickered at her quick little correction, smiling placidly to the ground.