-𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓

☠︎︎"I have better things to do than spend my time fighting over a flag

☠︎︎"I have better things to do than spend my time fighting over a flag."☠︎︎

THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS Isabell Ivory hated, capture the Flag is in the top 5 on her list. It wasn't that she hated fighting, because she didn't, she very much enjoyed unleashing all of her anger with a weapon, it was because of how stupid the purpose was. Why would she want to put herself in danger for a flag, Luke told her it wasn't about the flag it was mainly about winning and it was like a trophy, but she was having none of it. Why didn't they just use actual trophies?

Isabell always had an excuse to not participate, or if she was forced to she purposely broke a bone beforehand with the help of Clarisee, even though Izzy was on her team and would be a very good advantage to have, the curly-haired girl decided to choose to be a good friend instead. It got to the point where Chiron let the girl miss out on the activity.

"Let me guess, you're skipping out again?" Carlos walked over to Isabell who was focused on painting her nails. She only nodded at him, wanting to finish what she was doing before drawing her attention to something else. "Come on, please. The other team has the kid that killed the minotaur-"

"Percy, his name is Percy." Isabell interrupted him, still focusing on her nails. Even though it had only been a couple of days she felt very protective over him, he was shy but sassy, and he made her laugh. He reminded her of her 12-year-old self, she just had a strong urge to keep him safe because of that.

"Yeah, Percy." Carlos corrected himself, "I'm not trying to get attacked by him, I'm more like a sheep than a minotaur." he deflated next to her. Carlos had never been good with a sword, or a bow or any weapon, he tried his hardest to be good at it but every time he practiced his opponent would win no matter how more experienced he was.

"You're not a sheep. More like a... kangaroo!" Isabell smiled screwing the lid onto her nail polish.

"Thanks?" Carlos hesitantly replied not knowing if he should take that as an insult.

The girl laughed at his scrunched-up confused face, "I didn't mean it in a bad way, you're better at fighting with your hands and feet like a kangaroo."

"Yeah, unlike some people who just hide behind a sword," Carlos smirked slightly as if he aimed that comment at someone nearby who was listening in to their conversation.

"At least they know how to use a weapon." Isabell teased kicking his knee jokingly, "Besides, powers are way better, like imagine not being able to make fire out of your body or talk to animals, or any of the other things I can do."

Carlos groaned, "That's so not fair, you basically
can do everything your dad can!"

"Not basically, I can." Isabell winked at him before getting up from her seat, "Shouldn't you be getting ready for war right now?"