-𝟎𝟎𝟖. 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐒

☠︎︎ "Sorry am I keeping you from your beauty sleep?" ☠︎︎

beauty sleep?" ☠︎︎

THE ACHE IN ISABELL'S BACK and fingers went ignored by her, she was too focused on the 16th friendship bracelet she had made in the last hour. She didn't know why she had made so many, it's not like she could give them to anyone, they'd probably think she'd cursed the object. Making bracelets made the girl feel so calm, there weren't any thoughts spinning around in her mind, just complete stillness. If you didn't know who Izzy was and what cabin she belonged in, you would've thought she was a doe in the woods that was filled with wolves. But, that's not who she is. Instead, she is the wolf. She just doesn't know it yet.

She hated to sound dramatic but Isabell hated being 15, whilst everyone else was enjoying their time at camp, she felt like a complete loner hiding in the shadows of trees. She was constantly trying to prove herself in training but it just made her seem more monster-like, she just could never get it right. Everyone saw her as a disappointment, not even her dad liked her, she just wanted her mom. She was a monster that just wanted her mom.

That's why she decided to make bracelets that day. The arts and crafts area was empty, not a demigod in sight. No battle cries or joyful laughter. Just Izzy and Mother Nature, just how she liked it. A soft hum left her lips, her brain wasn't even calculating what she was doing, it was just so peaceful. No thoughts screaming at her to be better. Just the sweet echo of her mother's voice, and the song she used to sing her. Why did the memory even appear? Isabell did not know, and for once the painful memory of her mother's ghost didn't send her into a panic attack.

"That's a nice song." A voice appeared behind her. Izzy jumped out of her skin, how dare her brain trick her into thinking she could ever be left alone. She didn't need to look at the boy to see his cocky smirk and big brown eyes. "You've got a really pretty voice."

She had only talked to Luke once before, and that was when Annabeth introduced them. Isabell always had her guard up when she was around the popular boy, he reminded her of all the boys who used to pick on her at school for being a "lonely weirdo".

"I was only humming," Isabell replied not turning to the boy, in case he'd see the embarrassed blush on her once pale cheeks.

"No, you weren't. It wasn't too loud but I heard the lyrics." Luke smiled at her warmly, he took a seat next to her without an invitation and looked admiringly at her bracelets. "You can sing and you're good at making bracelets, I see why Annabeth is so fond of you. I'm Luke-"

"I know. We've met."

Luke chuckled at her snappiness, very fitting for a child of Hades he thought. Truth is, Luke so desperately wanted to talk to the girl himself but was too nervous to, so he begged Annabeth to introduce them. And slowly, he built up the courage to talk to her himself. Often he found himself getting distracted by her smile and sweet laugh, Chris called him whipped.