5 years later

the 3 girls now lived together . their new house was incredibly big compared to how much space they actually took up . the strange thing is that , they all share a bedroom , which means they all share a bed but it doesn't bother them because they find it easier that way , safer that way .

they were all sitting around the couch debating the pros & cons on going out to see a movie tonight . it was 1 against 2, so majority wins . as they decided what they should do tonight instead of going out , a news flash came on saying that 3 patients escaped from the mental hospital about 7 blocks away from their home . but the reporter did not have information about which ones but advised that everyone around the area needs to stay inside incase they are dangerous .

- Brookes pov -

i was looking dead at the screen hoping that some new information would just pop out of nowhere . i was terrified but as soon as i saw my friends just shrug it off like it was nothing , i eventually just forgot about it and kept pondering about what in the world we were all going to do tonight . it was usually the same thing , we make guacamole & other healthy snacks , gather a bunch of blankets to make a fort with and watch a whole series on netflix . marina had the idea to just go upstairs and just put on our favorite french film, heartbeats.

after the movie, we had to put away our leftover snacks and blankets downstairs. as we were walking down the stairs, ashlee noticed that the door was wide open. in panic, i rushed ahead of her, checked outside for someone around or something out of place. i locked the door shut and told the other girls to grabs knifes and check around the house . i was about to remind them of what we saw on the news but before i could get that out ashlee interrupted me, telling us that we should stick together for safety reasons. she has been the most cautious about everything since what happened to her and i. i can't blame her , what they did was horrible , i guess it just effected us all differently.

ashlee never fully recovered , she barely trusts anyone , even us. she only ever trusted george and he broke that trust completely. she's very distant , always preferring to be by herself. no people , no problems . she does anything she can to protect herself. i want her to feel safe and comfortable with us . but every time she tries to open up to us , marina reminds her of the past. it seems as though marina remembers everything we've ever said and/or done. me on the other hand , i'm a lot stronger then the other two. i've become more aware in a less haunting way.

i inspected the house for anyone who could've gotten in . i searched downstairs, while marina and ashlee headed upstairs. after finding nothing , i met up with the other girls in the kitchen. they also found nothing , but ashlee remained clung onto marina's arm. we were all still confused about the door so we sat on the couch and turned on the television for updates on the escaped prisoners. with no updated news we decided to go to bed. it had been a long night. as we were about to walk up the stairs the tv started to blare an insanely bloodcurdling noise followed by faint singing and an acoustic guitar .