so far (its alright)

-george's pov

after about 5 long minutes , i spoke up to ask if i could talk to ashlee alone . i don't know how she feels about me after what michael said but i know i feel the same way about her as i did before . she's the greatest girl i ever met, i don't even care about what happened between her and matty . that's in the past , we have all changed .

before i got a chance to say what i was going to say , she pulled me into a hug . i could hear her sniffling and all i could do was just pull her closer to me , if that was even possible . i didn't care what happened with us in the past , the only thing i cared about was if she was okay and i wondered if she would ever forgive me about that night .

i wanted to speak but i didn't want to let her go . i just decided ill just hold her tighter so she couldn't escape . "you know i never meant for you to get hurt the way you did , its just that michael gave us stronger acid than he said he would and i couldn't even think straight considering i was also drunk . the whole time i was in prison i couldn't stop thinking about your face when you saw how messed up i was . i will never ever forgive myse-" "stop it george . just stop , please . you don't need to explain anything , i know what happened that night . i know that you most likely stopped loving me but that doesn't mean i stopped loving you . i may sound ridiculous considering the last time we saw each other was like 5 years ago and i thought i stopped loving you but as soon as i saw you again , i remembered that i'm just a fool . a fool for you ."

my heart was racing but i couldn't stop smiling . i'm so glad that she was still in my arms because if she saw my facial expression , i would be so embarrassed . i looked like an idiot . i still don't forgive myself for anything i did to her or anything i put her through in the past .

"michael was wrong , i did like you back then but i was scared to ask you out so matty forced me to do it . he said i was wasting time and that you probably didn't even like me anymore . and michael only said anything about my 'disorder' because he thought it would hurt me . but honestly the thing that hurt me the most was that he said i mostly just did drugs to make our relationship better . i love you so much and he didn't know what in the world he was talking about ."

she looked up with her dark green eyes and smiled at me as she studied my face .

i'm a 24 year old man and i still get butterflies in my stomach when she looks at me .

i slowly cupped her cheeks and gently pulled her face towards mine . i could feel my face heat up as her lips got closer to mine . i don't believe we have ever had such a passionate kiss before now and we were dating for 3 and a half years . i knew i was in love with her still and i also knew i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her . she was my everything . things will be different this time .