the boy

-marina's pov

it was him . he had come back for me , i always knew he would . i could hear him serenading me .

i quickly followed the sound into the living room and i was met with disappointment . instead of the boy i loved , i was faced with a low quality video from about 5 years ago . right before the break up . michael sang me our song ; she by ed sheeran . that was the day he told me that we were going to get married right after school ended . but obviously that didn't happen thanks to brooke and ashlee .

sometimes i wish i would've stayed home like i wanted to but NOPE , they just had to ruin my life . michael and i were PERFECT for each other , we had everything in common and we were pretty much the only good couple in the friend circle . the other two girls cant keep their men in line , thats why they chose to destroy mine .

i turned around and looked at their confused expressions but i knew they were up to this . "stop trying to stifle your laughter , i know you guys are doing this . its not funny . i love-uh-loved him more than anything , you guys wouldn't ever understand that because you both had failing relationships ." i watched as they both opened their mouths to speak but since ashlee never really spoke because of how worthless and lost she is , brooke spoke for her.

"we have no part in this whatsoever . its not funny at all , we would never do anything to hurt you like this . we know you still love him , but you have to remember what he did ." she exclaimed .

"WHO IS DOING IT THEN ? IS IT MICHAEL ???? OH NO THATS RIGHT , YOU GUYS GOT HIM LOCKED UP . HE HAD NO PART IN YOUR LITTLE GAME YOU GUYS TRIED TO PULL ON MATTY AND GEORGE . YOU EVEN GOT THE REST OF THE BOYS INVOLVED . HOW DID YOU EXPECT THEM TO REACT ?? BOYS WILL BE BOYS AND ITS YOUR FAULT FOR THEM ATTACKING YOU ." i was now just going to spill out everything i've kept in for years because i knew they did this , everything was their fault .

i watched as ashlee broke down sobbing , she knew i was right . i'm always right. brooke just looked at me with pity and disgust as she tried to help calm ashlee down . i knew it would hurt both of them but at this point ; i really didn't care about them . before i said anything else the two girls were already going up the stairs and slamming the bedroom door , i guess i was sleeping in the spare bedroom tonight but before that i just really needed to freshen up .

i made my way to the bathroom , set down the knife that i still had and began splashing my face with cool water to calm myself down . as i finished drying my face , my eyes were met with a man in a ski mask . before i got a chance to scream for help (not that it would come) , he covered my mouth with his hand and told me to not make any noise at all . his voice sounded so familiar but i just couldn't wrap my head around it , he sounded broken .

i slowly turned around while he kept his hand on my mouth . he told me he would show me who he was and that i shouldn't scream when he does so . i watched intently as he carefully took his mask off . it was him . the boy i had so desperately wanted to hold since that night 5 years ago . michael . i had so many questions for him . this had to be a dream . i wondered if he still loved me as much as i love him . but when i saw him pull out the knife that i had previously set down , i realized he probably didn't after all these years and i was just a hopeless fool .

but i was wrong , as soon as he brought the knife to my neck he told me how sorry he was and that he wished things would've ended differently for me . tears filled my eyes as the pressure of the blade was forced against my neck . he kissed me one last time before he did one quick swipe and i fell to the floor . a pool of my blood spilled around me and all i saw was stars , and i felt the knife slide into my hand . all i could think about was the safety of brooke and ashlee , maybe matty and george were coming for them as well . then everything went white and i drifted into an endless sleep .