CHAPTER 4

Ruby St. Clair's POV

The last thing I expected when I arrived in Spain was to get married—hell the last thing I expected was to get tangled with the likes of Roman Vasquez.

Now I stood at his fabulous bathroom preparing for our wedding ceremony. A light tap on the door drew my attention back to the present time. Roman's dark head popped at the door and met my gaze through the mirror's reflection. His brooding looks did something inside my chest which at the moment I don't want to examine fully.

"Are you ready?" He asked casually. He wore a tailored dark suit with a white shirt and silk tie, he looked devastatingly handsome. Since when did I become aware that this man was handsome?

"Yeah," I replied, putting the finishing touches on my face. I saw the reflection of the woman in the mirror. She looks like a woman who's scared of her coming fate later. Who am I kidding? Ruby St. Clair was never scared of anything.

He waited for me in the bedroom where I slept last night and offered his arm when I emerged from the bathroom. "Shall we?" He asked me.

I took a deep breath. I could do this, I reassured myself silently. I never back down from anything life has thrown in my direction before. This was just a marriage of convenience I could do this. "Of course."

We walked in the hallways of his magnificent mansion in Seville when I remembered the issue I wanted to discuss with him when I signed the prenup yesterday. "Roman," I started as we walked in the hallways silently. "I want to clarify something about the prenup agreement."

"What is it, cariño?"

Oh my God. If he continued to call me with these Spanish endearments I would melt for him. "When I read our prenup I didn't see the sleeping arrangement we're having."

He stopped walking and stared at me in disbelief. "Of course. You're sleeping where my wife is supposed to sleep. By my side."

I felt my cheeks flamed just like my hair. "Are you suggesting that we share a bed?"

"Naturally."

"I don't want to share a bed with you!" I snapped at him angrily. I never agreed to have any relationship with him other than a platonic one.

Roman dark eyebrows were drawn together. "Are you saying that I will not be able to bed my wife?"

"Yes," I told him exasperatingly. "I want you to contact your lawyer and tell him to add the no-sex clause on our prenup. If you pursue seducing me in those three months it will be a breach of contract I can freely seek for divorce."

A rueful smile broke into his gorgeous face. "I underestimated you, my dear."

"Do we have a deal?" I persisted, trying to ignore the weird heartbeat of my heart. I felt that I was making a bargain with the devil himself. "Otherwise, you can send off the marriage celebrator in your living room right now."

He finally nodded, but his eyes held unholy amusement that left me shivering. It made me think that I was making a huge mistake that I was sure that I would regret later. "Sí. You can have your pretty clause on our prenup. May it keep you warm in cold your bed for three months, Red."

I gasped at his brass announcement. He was the devil and I still don't know what had come to my mind to accept his proposal. Was I that desperate to find work?

You can still back out. A voice on the back of my head had whispered hopefully.

"Are you ready for this?" He asked me, as we were near the grand staircase where the wedding celebrator and two witnesses waiting for us.