CHAPTER 15

Ruby St. Clair's POV

I slouched on the sofa in the living room area a week after Roman and I installed ten house rules so we could live harmoniously for two months without killing each other. After we signed the rules Roman made a bargain at me later that evening.

He negotiated Rule #4 which was dividing household works equally. He made a deal that since he was busy working with his business throughout the day and since I was often left alone in the house I should clean the house six days a week and he would clean the house the whole day on my day off.

Since today was Sunday and my first day off since the agreement. I chose to stay at the house to remind him of his duty. Watching a chick flick movie on his huge plasma TV, I glanced at the wall clock and frowned. What took him so long to wake up? I asked myself silently. It's almost nine in the morning.

Annoyed, I stood from the sofa and marched to his bedroom at the end of the hallway. I knocked rapidly at his door. "Roman. Open the damn door, Roman!"

I was already halfway from breaking his door when it miraculously opened. My eyes collided with the bare chest of a man. He was only wearing his freaking boxers nothing more! I avoided my gaze as the blush furiously spread in my cheeks. "Good morning, Red." He said with a yawn. "I never expected that you would be knocking on my door sooner than I thought."

I glared at his face, trying not to look at his well-built body. "What the hell do you mean by that?"

He focused his sleepy eyes on me with a devilish smile playing on his lips. His bedroom voice made me shiver. "Haven't I told you that you will come knocking in my room soon? I didn't expect that I would only wait for a whole week. Come inside and let me have you for breakfast, Red."

Finally comprehending what he meant by that statement if I thought the blush in my face wouldn't go any red I was mistaken. "The hell I will come inside your room, you moron! I just knocked to remind you of your household chores."

"What a pity, then." He said remorsefully, but I could see the glint in his eyes. I took a step backward when he suddenly made advances in my direction. "I thought you already had a change of heart with your promise of not sharing my bed, wife."

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked cautiously, taking steps backward until my back flattened against the wall.

He smiled rakishly in my direction, as he placed his palm on the wall trapping me with his body. "Seducing you, darling."

I glared vehemently at his smiling eyes. "You are not funny, Mister. Let go of me now. Start cleaning the house as you bargain."

"In a moment," He answered, staring into my eyes deeply. A devilish smile played on his lips. Oh, how I want to smack off that smile. My hands itched to do that if my heart just didn't beat loudly in my chest right now. "I will flirt with my wife first."

I threw an acidic look at him. "Your flirtation does not affect me, Roman. You are just wasting your time."

"Oh, yeah?" He asked maddeningly, his grey eyes danced with wickedness. "Then how come your face is as red as your hair, my darling wife? I believe you are not immune to my charm as you claim to be."

"You are so full of yourself, do you know that?" I asked with irritation in my voice. I sorely regret my impromptu decision to wake this beast. I tried to push him away from me so I could escape. Uh-oh, the wrong move my hands got in contact with his hard chest. "Let go of me!"

He smiled evilly down at me. "Why don't you push me away as hard as you can, darling? If you can who knows you might escape me then."

"I don't have time to play games with you, Roman." I tried to flee from my position but I was trapped by his big frame. "I just wake you to remind you of your duty."